Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley tracker advice

Webley tracker advice

Hi a Webley tracker has come up for sale,but it’s only running 7.5 ft/lbs over a chrono,is this an easy fix? I’m not that familiar with them,what power does a good one put out? I’ve found some horror stories of warped cylinders and the like making it almost impossible to raise the power.its also needon a stock refurb too,so what sort of value would you put on a low powered tracker in need of a refurb? Always fancied one but don’t want to buy a duff rifle i can’t improve on
    Thanks

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    They look nice.

Power and accuracy is totally another thing.
    Master Debater

Low power in need of a refurb £80. Power around 10 ft/lb even after refurb. A deluxe model will fetch a bit more as long as the stock is salvageable. Complete with iron sights, a little bit more as well as the iron sights usually make good money on the bay. Pics would give a better idea.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Thanks,After this I’m going to pass on it,the tracker needs quite a bit of work and it’s for sale for a lot more than I’m willlng to pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by shakeysimon View Post
    Thanks,After this I’m going to pass on it,the tracker needs quite a bit of work and it’s for sale for a lot more than I’m willlng to pay for it
    You've made the right decision there Simon. Odd little rifle the tracker. I can't see why the seem to command the money they do.
    I wouldn't go near one except a minter and even then I wouldn't use it.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks rob I think it would of been buying a bag of worms,best left for someone else to fall out with

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    You've made the right decision there Simon. Odd little rifle the tracker. I can't see why the seem to command the money they do.
    Because a lot of guys who are now 40-55 years old wanted one when they were teenagers, but never got one.

I have a very nicely preserved Deluxe. For exactly that "inner 14 year-old" reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Because a lot of guys who are now 40-55 years old wanted one when they were teenagers, but never got one.

I have a very nicely preserved Deluxe. For exactly that "inner 14 year-old" reason.
    This is why i like them^^^^^ My dad picked up a secondhand one of these last year, and i also think its under powered and needs looking at? so ive been watching this tread for info too. How do you get the front end muzzle break off them? and can a real silencer can be added instead?
    Last edited by echo1974; 24-03-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

I also wanted a Dolomite sprint.
    They were similarly crap and probably built using the same out of date techniques.
    A hunting rifle that scares any quarry off during cocking is a wonder to behold.
    Oh the joys of hindsight

The tracker is a piece of history but thats where it will remain. A collectors joy, but no rifle to use in this time.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I also wanted a Dolomite sprint.
    They were similarly crap and probably built using the same out of date techniques.
    A hunting rifle that scares any quarry off during cocking is a wonder to behold.
    Oh the joys of hindsight

The tracker is a piece of history but thats where it will remain. A collectors joy, but no rifle to use in this time.
    Do all airgun owners hunt? I doubt a paper or metal target will run away if it hears you cocking a webley tracker

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Do all airgun owners hunt? I doubt a paper or metal target will run away if it hears you cocking a webley tracker
    I've already said a nice condition tracker would be ok (as a collectors item or occasional use).
    I know Simon and I don't think he'd like it. A far from mint tracker is a bit of a horrific prospect.

And no not all airgunners hunt, in fact I'd say the vast majority don't but I think the tracker was marketed as hunter. Remember the WW2 style camo stock ? That would look just the ticket on a range.
    Its sibling, the longer barrelled viscount was somewhat longer. Of the 2 if I had to have one, the viscount would be my choice but again only a minter
    B.A.S.C. member

I have an Almost mint Osprey had a couple of trackers but they are usually vile to shoot as a collector I would say the osprey is the one to go for !
    The tracker is kind of a "what we got lets sporterize it " kind of thing to me

[I]i have a .177 osprey, and both .177 tracker (early Barnett spitfire version) and the camo .22 tracker. Both trackers I converted to Rams and they are great 10ftlb shooters. They have their quirks but there is just something about them I really like even though they are noisy when cocked and not very accurate past 35 yards. I have better shooters but I will always hang onto these compact webleys

They are handy, good fun and interesting rifles, but I always found them difficult to shoot well and not a patch on the HW85k of the same era. Perhaps the Viscount was nicer. Would probably buy one though if I came across a bargain
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

I took my dads .22 tracker up the range today (20yrds indoor) that he bought last year off his mate, as he hasn't really shot it properly since getting it. First job was to take off the old 4x28 scope inc pozi screw mounts that was on it, and fit a cheap new nk stlng m.m 4-12x50 ao, and to test it out. I was surprised that it shot as well as it did? sml clover leaf groups, and thats without finding its best pellet, it chrono'd at 9.5ftlb's with a superdome 14.5gn, jsb's 15.9gn came out a little lower @ 9ftlbs. I think it would be a good idea to remove the muzzle weight, and fit a silencer on it maybe? but i think the barrel tapers in at the end when u take it off? (i dont know how 2 yet) so finding one to fit it my be difficult? although ive seen a google image with a webley pro system silencer fitted on a tracker?
    Last edited by echo1974; 25-03-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods