Thread: Webley tracker advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley tracker advice

Hi a Webley tracker has come up for sale,but it’s only running 7.5 ft/lbs over a chrono,is this an easy fix? I’m not that familiar with them,what power does a good one put out? I’ve found some horror stories of warped cylinders and the like making it almost impossible to raise the power.its also needon a stock refurb too,so what sort of value would you put on a low powered tracker in need of a refurb? Always fancied one but don’t want to buy a duff rifle i can’t improve on
    Thanks

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    They look nice.

Power and accuracy is totally another thing.
    Master Debater

Low power in need of a refurb £80. Power around 10 ft/lb even after refurb. A deluxe model will fetch a bit more as long as the stock is salvageable. Complete with iron sights, a little bit more as well as the iron sights usually make good money on the bay. Pics would give a better idea.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Thanks,After this I’m going to pass on it,the tracker needs quite a bit of work and it’s for sale for a lot more than I’m willlng to pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by shakeysimon View Post
    Thanks,After this I’m going to pass on it,the tracker needs quite a bit of work and it’s for sale for a lot more than I’m willlng to pay for it
    You've made the right decision there Simon. Odd little rifle the tracker. I can't see why the seem to command the money they do.
    I wouldn't go near one except a minter and even then I wouldn't use it.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks rob I think it would of been buying a bag of worms,best left for someone else to fall out with

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    You've made the right decision there Simon. Odd little rifle the tracker. I can't see why the seem to command the money they do.
    Because a lot of guys who are now 40-55 years old wanted one when they were teenagers, but never got one.

I have a very nicely preserved Deluxe. For exactly that "inner 14 year-old" reason.