I used to wear it when shooting rabbits but then again I was issued it so it's the obvious choice for me. What I would say is field craft is the key.

The military stuff is relatively cheap and good quality and I still use the Goretex when I'm shooting HFT/FT in bad weather.

I used to have a permission on a railway line and crawling on the ballast to get close to the rabbits was a right nause. I ended up wearing my ghilley suit one day, and after getting into a position and waiting a while I had one rabbit pop up next to me (think of Arnold in Predator when it's behind him and he's covered in mud!) The rifle was useless, so I just lay there and watched it for a few minutes, then let it know I was there so we could reset, and I might get another chance! Not long after that I caught a couple of blokes shooting on that permission. They looked very confused when I challenged them, "Have you got permission to be here? Don't answer that cause you don't, and the reason I know that is only I do. Now F off!" Should have seen their faces looking around for the talking bush.