Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Although this Thread is primarily about Camo clothing....pay more attention to being dowwind of your quarry or as close to that ideal as possible being aware of wind direction including eddies and variations in that....
    Next time you have a BBQ, spoon a bit of charcoal ash into a pouch made from very fine mesh, like the sort used in aquarium fish nets,and use this to detect wind direction. It'll pay dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Although this Thread is primarily about Camo clothing, many animals, particularly deer and rabbits have a greater sense of scent and sound than sight.
    Sure, wear suitably dull/camo gear but pay more attention to being dowwind of your quarry or as close to that ideal as possible being aware of wind direction including eddies and variations in that.
    Also be as quiet as possible only moving slowly when necessary, if it comes to clothing, pay attention to any part of it that causes noise, in particular, high pitch sound such as zippers or velcro being used.
    Some types of clothing made from modern materials do produce slight "scuffing noise" when moving in them and this will be picked up by deer, rabbits and other quarry species !
    Generally, Harkila, Seeland, Deerhunter, Rivers West although expensive are excellent but good old ex army DPM is a fine cheap alternative which I still use from time to time.
    I like your answer think you got the main points here

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Yes it does, a mate has the jack pyk full leaf suit and can just lie down on a flat field and pop off rabbits. Personally I can't bring myself to wear one. I use German fleck tarn digital cammo it hard wearing and keeps the muck off your normal clothes. A dark drab countryman type coat works if you keep still.
    I had a real tree suit many many years ago and hardly wore it it only suited one style of shooting and that was leaning against a tree and I didn’t do that much dpm was my go to as could get as muddy and stand up to a beating getting dragged though mud and over barbed wire fences. But recently I’ve been wearing just normal light neutral colours and been getting rather close to deer and rabbits