Leupold 3-9x33 efr

Did you know leupold have stopped making this perfect tiny scope

Looked on internet and none available anywere

Ah well looks like the second hand value wool shoot up

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post

Haven't they started a new range called the freedom? Isn't there an efr style scope in that line up.
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 23-03-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post

I stupidly sold mine a few years ago, regretted it ever since.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Probably just as well as I'm always on the edge of buying one.
    They'll float about on the second hand market time to time.
    “An airgun or two”………

The Nikon 3-9 EFR killed it
    I have an original glossy Leup , they are nice but I do wonder if I’d rather have another rifle instead !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    The Nikon 3-9 EFR killed it
    I have an original glossy Leup , they are nice but I do wonder if I’d rather have another rifle instead !
    I have to say I've just bought a 2-7 p-rimfire with the tac turrets, easy to re-parallax and awesome airgun scope. It's great with the turrets as you can forget hold over reticles and have a nice clean Plex but still do calculated long shots. I'm really looking forward to filling out my turret tape at the bash
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Leupold

I was fortunate enough to obtain one of these from a member on here a couple of years ago.
    It weighs next to nothing.
    It appears that you are not actually looking through anything.
    Someone has picked up the target and brought it nearer.

Awesome!!

Love it!!
    If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Says its been discontinued on Uttings website.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    I was fortunate enough to obtain one of these from a member on here a couple of years ago.
    It weighs next to nothing.
    It appears that you are not actually looking through anything.
    Someone has picked up the target and brought it nearer.

Awesome!!

Love it!!
    Nice, that reminds me of the M8 fixed 6x42 I had. Massive view, and everything looked brighter and just better, than reality!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I have to say I've just bought a 2-7 p-rimfire with the tac turrets, easy to re-parallax and awesome airgun scope. It's great with the turrets as you can forget hold over reticles and have a nice clean Plex but still do calculated long shots. I'm really looking forward to filling out my turret tape at the bash
    The only thing with dialing and a plain (or duplex) ret - is there's no meaningful windage markers. That's a deal breaker for me.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    I am glad I still have mine , great scopes and even better with mildots 😎
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    The only thing with dialing and a plain (or duplex) ret - is there's no meaningful windage markers. That's a deal breaker for me.
    Sure.... But isn't the trick to dial the wind too? I'm sure it will all become clear but your saying that a dial scope should have wind hold markers? Maybe a dot Ret of sorts and turrets.... Just seems a bit pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sure.... But isn't the trick to dial the wind too? I'm sure it will all become clear but your saying that a dial scope should have wind hold markers? Maybe a dot Ret of sorts and turrets.... Just seems a bit pointless to me.
    Dialing for windage? Have you gone actually berserk, Rhys??

What, you mean like taking "The Rifleman's Formula"? (devised for shooting at other men with a 30-06), or the ready-reckoner from a page in your data book that you bought from Fultons, Bisley - then converting that formula to fit the exterior ballistics of a pellet gun?

I've tried that - and I can tell you it wasn't very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Dialing for windage? Have you gone actually berserk, Rhys??

What, you mean like taking "The Rifleman's Formula"? (devised for shooting at other men with a 30-06), or the ready-reckoner from a page in your data book that you bought from Fultons, Bisley - then converting that formula to fit the exterior ballistics of a pellet gun?

I've tried that - and I can tell you it wasn't very successful.
    Not really thinking about it to be honest, when I hunt the hold off for wind is a bit like "mmmmmmm just a little tickle.... " So I figured I may well buy a wind meter and do some markers on a tape on the windage turret like I am on me elevation.
    I'd write "jst tkl" "bit mre" & "hk wdy"
    To mean "just a tickle" "bit more" and "heck windy".
    I see it as being more accurate to be honest as a click at 10yrds is Les than a click at 50 so if you have to click twice to hit at 50 then surely you will hit at 10 no??
    I know it'll need a bit of work like but my plan is to figure it out inside out.. I have learned that you can do it anyway you like if your prepared to stick at it & but moving to one gun and one system I'm going to get good at it, if not I'll just plonk it on me Springer and play at the bash with it