Thread: Lee kits

Lee kits

Hi all what’s your thought on the challenger and anniversary kits , I did have a Dillon xl650 when I loaded lots of .223 but This is just for my .22 hornet and won’t get anything like as much use
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    Hi all what’s your thought on the challenger and anniversary kits , I did have a Dillon xl650 when I loaded lots of .223 but This is just for my .22 hornet and won’t get anything like as much use
    Nothing wrong with them -the same kit works for me-- BUT I will say chuck the scale away and get a better one --ie Lyman--- or rcbs

I used one for 20 years in 7,62, 303 and 577 Snider. Won a couple of club comps with 7,62 reloads. I did eventually break the die-casting that links handle to ram lever, but it still worked even then.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Just bought a breechblock kit ,and to be fair it looks ok . Need to get some dies and the rest of the gear now
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    Just bought a breechblock kit ,and to be fair it looks ok . Need to get some dies and the rest of the gear now
    Not sure what they come with but make sure you have at least one breechlock bushing or a normal screw in die won't work. Better yet one for each die.
    CZ 527 in 17 Hornet. Anchutz 1417 .22lr - Rapid Mk2 .22 fac @ 28ftlbs with BSA barrel
    HW100KT .22 @12ftlbs - RWS Scimitar .22 @ 12ftlbs - AA S200 .22 @ 12ftlbs
    Archer NV

Yes it comes with one ,I will get another couple and set up each die ,
    Acta non Verba