Thread: New Brocock Bantam Sniper HR Regulated.... is it too expensive for a brocock?

New Brocock Bantam Sniper HR Regulated.... is it too expensive for a brocock?

Been looking into a new rifle for some time and looking for something new so this has really taken my eye, I've heard the mk1 bantams were good except a few minor issues.

Could you let me know your opinions on it please.

https://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/colle...-carbon-bottle
    Last edited by T 20; 27-03-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Was thinking about one of these in FAC a while back , but have since changed my mind and bought a as new brocock Compatto Target sub 12 which I am very pleased with even though it hasn’t really had a good session

If I was to go FAC it would definitely be the bantam sniper but I don’t need that greater shot count hence the Compatto

The bantam has the same block etc as the Compatto , there easy to work on , plenty spares and imo are great to handle and shoulder , l would say go for it

You could also consider going for the aluminium bottle version
    the carbon bottles alone are over £220
    I am considering the commander with the M4 stock to use out of my truck

Is that two gauges on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post
    Is that two gauges on it?
    Yes, one shows the cylinder pressure, the other shows the reg pressure.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Yes, one shows the cylinder pressure, the other shows the reg pressure.
    What's the point of that?

Surely once you get to the Regulator Pressure or below they'll both read the same? For example <90Bar

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post
    What's the point of that?

Surely once you get to the Regulator Pressure or below they'll both read the same? For example <90Bar
    Er first gauge before regulator, shows air level in bottle, second gauge after regulator, showing pressure regulator is running at, hence you can see if the gun is at the correct pressure and that the reg has not failed.....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Er first gauge before regulator, shows air level in bottle, second gauge after regulator, showing pressure regulator is running at, hence you can see if the gun is at the correct pressure and that the reg has not failed.....
    So it's basically just there so you can tell the reg has not failed? Shows faith in their regulators.

The regulator pressure is not going to change (until you get below the regulator output pressure),
    It's easy to tell when it's coming off the regulator as either the power drop (do a chrono string and take note of the pressure),
    Or just work out the regulator pressure and once the bottle air pressure gets below the reg pressure you know it's time to refill.

Just seems to me that they've added a gauge as an extra gimmick.

New Daystate share going to be the same with two gauges , possibly is a gimmick but maybe not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by telf View Post
    New Daystate share going to be the same with two gauges , possibly is a gimmick but maybe not a bad thing
    and FX DS are using proven huma regs ED gun are using digital gauges
    the world has gone mad