Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw99 cocking lever replacement

Hw99 cocking lever replacement

Hello everyone

Any ideas how to remove the pin that attaches the cocking arm to the lever? Looks like the pin is pressed over itself slightly (mushroomed for want of a better word) almost like a rivet concept.

Need to replace the cocking lever so would need to re use the pin.

I'm sure you used to be able to buy a removable bolt to replace his pin. Are they still available from anywhere?

Thank you

I have never had the need to remove, so would also be interested in knowing the correct method.

I don't know if V-Mach still so the removable pin? You could have a look on either the V-Mach or Blackpool Air Rifles site to see?

I seem to remember someone else also offering this style of pin, but can't for the life of me remember who it may have been. Someone else will chip in soon.....

P.S. Just had a quick look on the BAR site. The V-Mach items are shown as being out of stock currently, priced at £9.95. Maybe worth a call to find out when next available?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

To knock out pins that are peened over you use a punch that has a head size of the dimple depression in the centre of the pin. When you tap it with a hammer the peened edges fold up to allow the pin to be knocked out. When replacing push the pin back in the way it came out and use a punch the full diameter of the pin to peen back the edge of the pin. You will need to support the other side of the pin on another flat punch. Better with two people doing this (use the domestic help). Can also be squashed back in a vice if you are careful with some packing pieces or even small ball bearings.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have never had the need to remove, so would also be interested in knowing the correct method.

I don't know if V-Mach still so the removable pin? You could have a look on either the V-Mach or Blackpool Air Rifles site to see?

I seem to remember someone else also offering this style of pin, but can't for the life of me remember who it may have been. Someone else will chip in soon.....

P.S. Just had a quick look on the BAR site. The V-Mach items are shown as being out of stock currently, priced at £9.95. Maybe worth a call to find out when next available?
    Shauny was doing them too Tony .

Quote Originally Posted by rg627 View Post
    Hello everyone

Any ideas how to remove the pin that attaches the cocking arm to the lever? Looks like the pin is pressed over itself slightly (mushroomed for want of a better word) almost like a rivet concept.

Need to replace the cocking lever so would need to re use the pin.

I'm sure you used to be able to buy a removable bolt to replace his pin. Are they still available from anywhere?

Thank you
    One side of the rivet will look slightly larger than the other side. Use the punch on the smaller side. I place the breech on a block of wood with a hole drilled in it.
    Don't be shy, it takes a fair bit of whack to start the pin moving. Use a good punch as described above and preferably a reasonably large ball pein or lump hammer. Once the rivet starts to move it becomes easier so use less effort.
    I believe the punch size you need is 4mm.
    I use stainless roll pins to replace the rivet. Cheap to buy a pack of 10.
    B.A.S.C. member

As Benelli says, a very easy job.
    Air Arms HFT 500. HW100 FSB. HW99 (.22) HW99 (.177) HW30 (.177) HW97K (.177) Gamo GX40 (.22)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Used to use a clamp like this for rivets https://www.directchannel.uk.com/flange-clamps just modified it to push the pin out , drilled the bolt and inserted a hardened pin and a hole in the bottom to let the pin go through.

Excellent information, peeps; thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Or you could just buy a new Diana and the pin will just fall out

Yes I said it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks guys

Once you get the pin out, it's better to replace it with one of these to make the whole procedure easier in the future:

https://www.trrobb.com/Weihrauch_Qui..._13107089.aspx

Vtech also do one.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

As Baz says. Would just add that you can stick a ball bearing each side with grease or even cellotape then crush in the vice or clamp.
    The tape is good if hitting with a hammer.

rg627,

+1 on Shauny's take down pin.

The VMach pin uses a very small screw to secure, and there have been reports that these are sometimes very difficult to remove if the user was 'enthusiastic' when installing.

Shauny's pins are 300 series stainless, and use a single circlip to secure and I highly recommended them.

(My three (3) HW break barrel's all have Shauny pins.)

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    rg627,

+1 on Shauny's take down pin.

The VMach pin uses a very small screw to secure, and there have been reports that these are sometimes very difficult to remove if the user was 'enthusiastic' when installing.

Shauny's pins are 300 series stainless, and use a single circlip to secure and I highly recommended them.

(My three (3) HW break barrel's all have Shauny pins.)

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Cheers, people. Very useful info.

quick release pin.

contact shauny i have just fitted 2 of his pins. excellent replacement, no more messing with removing barrels and shims. pete