Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plinking Marvelous! The Crosman 600

Another vote for Accupells which seem to perform almost perfectly in my 600.

I also have a Benjamin 422 which is nice to own, but only if shot infrequently as it is nowhere near as reliable or well engineered as the 600. Still good fun though.

Brian

Funny, I’m here in America and see those 600s online for sale all the time, but I collect Webleys, Haenel, and Tells. Never tried one.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Funny, I’m here in America and see those 600s online for sale all the time, but I collect Webleys, Haenel, and Tells. Never tried one.
    They’re a bit of a ‘must have’ for collectors here in the uk, and I can see why. There fantastically well engineered and a joy to shoot. Can’t believe my one was made in 1965!

Mine likes RWS Hobby’s by the way, I think they all a bit pellet particular.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 24-03-2018 at 06:23 PM.

I was advised to use 'Hobbys' when I first purchased a 600 many years ago, and that's what I still use on the rare occasion when I shoot mine.
    I also have a carbine barrel as well as the standard length, but one has to be careful not to exceed the legal power limit, which it did when I first purchased it, so I reduced the barrel length to 9".

Verminpells are the best IMO.
    Flathead and slippery.
    No Jams.

I've used Hobbies, FTT, Accupells, Crosman Matchpells, Bisley Practice and old 'proper' Eley Wasps in mine; all work very well.

John

I think any decent wadcutter would probably be ok in the 600, as long as it can't disappear up the arse of it's predecessor in the magazine.
    I only have Matchpells and Verminpells in .177 so no use for the 600, but they work exceedingly well in my FX2000 and FX Cyclone - Walther barreled fortunately. I just wish I could use them more often.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I see the Kindle edition is still on sale Dean - have the page display issues been fixed yet?
    Hi, as it turns out, there appears to be simply no way for me to correct the problem.

thought I had removed the kindle book and I know I at least tried, will look at doing that again.

Haven't seen any sales, so, has not been a top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Another vote for Accupells which seem to perform almost perfectly in my 600.

I also have a Benjamin 422 which is nice to own, but only if shot infrequently as it is nowhere near as reliable or well engineered as the 600. Still good fun though.

Brian
    Correction.

I really meant Verminpells and not Accupells which I have never tried in my Crosman 600.

Funny how some pistols can be particularly pellet sensitive. When I first acquired my 600 I was told Verminpells were recommended, but any reasonable wadcutter pellet would probably feed OK. RWS Hobby are normally my first choice for all my .22 calibre pistols, but when I accidentally loaded them into the magazine of my 600 I wondered what on earth had gone wrong. Once I realised my mistake, I cleared the jam and loaded the Verminpells with no further feeding problems.

Brian

Before the internet,

a nice working 600 as a 'trade' would score me many a rare English air pistol. A 451 would tempt the owner of a Tell 3 or Swedish Excellent!
    On 'trades'I once swapped a FWB 65 for a mint Daisy Model 21 double-barrel(it is as keeper!)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    This thread has given me serious 600 envy
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    This thread has given me serious 600 envy
    You need a 600. Honestly, you do

use hobby's or premiers in mine

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    funny old world, we lust after things American, and you lust after things European, Me! i just want any 1911 you can go and buy from your local gunshop!

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    funny old world, we lust after things American, and you lust after things European, Me! i just want any 1911 you can go and buy from your local gunshop!
    Irony of life, Best UTube on the 600 is by an Englishman. I’m going to a Airgun show in a couple weeks I will have to hold a 600 and see what it’s about. I just am not a fan of anything diecast?