Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone considering a "Kral?

I had the MK1 bullpup and loved it not one single issue not that hot at long range but dammed god at short range ratting. In the end it went to my 14 year old god sone and he loves it.

I had a MK1 breaker with a fabulous walnut stock and mine was spot on, accurate and no wobbly rail etc but I definitely think I got lucky there, I know of many horror stories about them which is a pity, I do miss that stock but I needed to thin the herd for multiple reasons.
    If you are looking for a budget price bullpup rifle then the best on the market in my opinion are the Zbroia Kozak rifles, they have anti double load, are regulated for superb accuracy and are whisper quiet, hand made to a very high standard, I know several owners and all are very happy with them, my local shop has their next batch coming in very shortly

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/ai...-in-2018/20740

no .25 cal at the minute but .22 would be sufficient for most scenarios I would think.

I'm told mine will be back with me this week..... Fingers crossed.....

This thread has helped me make a decision, I think I'll be looking at adding a few more £ and going to take a further look at the Zobroia Kozak which I had already been looking at the spec etc.
    As said its a shame the Kral is such a let down on quality control and construction, otherwise, it would have been a winner.

And so it is Friday tomorrow........ Still no gun back..... Nearly 3 weeks on? There was a bank holiday in between so maybe a small delay is ok but I'm pretty sure that this is moving towards being unacceptable.

I will post performance results when the rifle finally comes back but unless it is spot on, they will be getting it back for good.

Update.... So they can't seem to get the. 25 running right and reckon the barrel is a bad un. Extensive testing, which I appreciate.
    So we may have a solution. I'm actually glad that the kral hasn't been shipped back without proper usage tests.

Standby for updates (anyone interested!)

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Update.... So they can't seem to get the. 25 running right and reckon the barrel is a bad un. Extensive testing, which I appreciate.
    So we may have a solution. I'm actually glad that the kral hasn't been shipped back without proper usage tests.

Standby for updates (anyone interested!)
    Yes ,interested ! Thank you.

I was told the rifle would be here by the end of the week and it isn't.
    Apologies from range right, via my local Rfd saying Monday...

And Monday is here but the rifle isn't. My Rfd is getting his hair off with this one.
    I don't know it can take a month for range right to either
    A) get my rifle back to me in working order
    Or
    B) replace the rifle.

Customer service clearly isn't key for range right. I can say that I won't be buying anything with a range right logo on it again. I'm left very disappointed.

If the rifle arrives before the weekend, I'll post my review here. If not I'll be having my money back and they can keep their kral.

Customer service

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    And Monday is here but the rifle isn't. My Rfd is getting his hair off with this one.
    I don't know it can take a month for range right to either
    A) get my rifle back to me in working order
    Or
    B) replace the rifle.

Customer service clearly isn't key for range right. I can say that I won't be buying anything with a range right logo on it again. I'm left very disappointed.

If the rifle arrives before the weekend, I'll post my review here. If not I'll be having my money back and they can keep their kral.
    The information I gave to the sales guys to tell you was that there are no .25 barrels in the country and if you cared to wait about 3 or 4 weeks you could have the .25 back with a new barrel. Or a replacement in another calibre by return. I've no idea why this message hasn't been passed on. Apologies.

Dox

I was told that the . 25 barrels just weren't any good and they couldn't get one to work. I had the option to wait ANOTHER "month-ish" to get a barrel into the country. So I accepted the offer of replacement in. 22
    4 weeks on and I'm still without a gun which isn't very good, to be quite honest. Sales reps are a nightmare.

I went into the shop looking for a breaker in. 22 or. 25, in a synthetic stock. Dealer did not have any so I walked out with a puncher in. 25

I said if offered a swap, I would gladly have the rifle I originally went in to buy.

The truth is I'm just disheartened with it all. If, at the end of it all, I end up with a rifle that can be used as a dedicated Ratter with my photon, I'll be a bit more cheery about it all.

What did sales actually come back to you and say that my response was, then? I'm guessing that you're the gunsmith, mate. If that's the case, was mine of of the original "bad batch" of mk1's with the weak valve assembly?
    Last edited by Anothermiss; 23-04-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Update....
    The. 22 kral synthetic stocked breaker has arrived. I must say that I'm well impressed by the way it feels in the hands and shoulder. Weight distribution is nice and it feels well made. Cocking action appears smooth, finish is good.

So far, so good. It'll be a couple of days before I can shoot it.

So I shot it today...
    With air arms 5.51 field. Trigger was industrially heavy from the box but I still manged this (can't figure out how to add a file??? It's as big as my nail on my pointing finger) group at 23yard in blustery conditions.

Very happy with it.

My only gripe is the hammer spring graunchy and I can see that even at springs eased, the spring is twisted like a snake. Whilst sorting the trigger, I considered trying G on of my other (many) springs but the hammer retaining cap won't budge. Shame really because a nicer spring with guides and slip discs would really finish it off. The trigger is now set nicely. I know the reason that bullpup triggers will never feel match grade but this one can be set up very well. Nice and predictable.

If kral had got this version onto the market in the first place, many more of us would have a kral, I can assure you. Range right and the Rfd took their time to get it sorted but in the end, it was worth it. Thank you range right. I am now a happy customer.

Ps if anyone does know how to get into the spring, drop me a pm.

Glad it's a happy ending finally! Mine .22 prefers super field 5.51 to jsb, 10shot group at 25yard covered by a 5pence is the norm. Don't try turning the back screw there's a helicoil anti tamper stopping it from turning. I've had mine removed on both breakers with top hats fitted to the hammer Spring. I'm now torn with having to sell one to fund a new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Glad it's a happy ending finally! Mine .22 prefers super field 5.51 to jsb, 10shot group at 25yard covered by a 5pence is the norm. Don't try turning the back screw there's a helicoil anti tamper stopping it from turning. I've had mine removed on both breakers with top hats fitted to the hammer Spring. I'm now torn with having to sell one to fund a new purchase.
    Who helped you remove the screw mate. That factory spring isn't a good un.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to the people on here who took the time to help me. A happy ending indeed, but not for the rats.