Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone considering a "Kral?

Anyone considering a "Kral?

Hello

I recently visited my local rfd to buy my first pre charge. 25 cal.
    I wanted this for very close ratting in a barn area. I was offered a brand new kral puncher in. 25 for good money. I must admit that I was sceptical but agreed to have a look at one. I was impressed. Nice Turkish walnut stock, good weight and balance and shouldered beautifully. I have a few rapids and a day state at home so I have a decent yard stick to go by.

Excited, I hurried home to set my new little Turkish buddy up.

23yard garden and target set up.... It all went wrong. I couldn't hit A4 paper. In fact none of the shots were within metre of the target. Started single feeding the pellets and, from 12 yards, my best "group" was a random scattering of 10 pellets inside of a 10 inch circle with one flyer outside of this!

I started to check things from the muzzle end backwards. I immediately saw the crown was damaged, not cut central to the bore and wasn't cut straight. That might explain things.

Back to rfd and back to range right to get it resolved. Now this thread seems negative but I hold out for a positive finish. The truth is that the gun felt so right. It cycled smoothly and I was gutted with the accuracy. So I shall update in due course, letting you know how this is concluded.

Fingers crossed

Dan

It's sad to see Kral still can't get their QC sorted in turkey. As like you say they feel a solid well made gun. I have two breaker bull pups in .177 and .22 which are spot on. All I can say is range right are great to deal with and their gunsmith Dave is very experienced and a top bloke. so sure you will get it back sorted and once you do you will be pleased with it. Kral had a golden opportunity to steal a lot of pcp sales, but I think their reputation has been damaged too much now.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    It's sad to see Kral still can't get their QC sorted in turkey. As like you say they feel a solid well made gun. I have two breaker bull pups in .177 and .22 which are spot on. All I can say is range right are great to deal with and their gunsmith Dave is very experienced and a top bloke. so sure you will get it back sorted and once you do you will be pleased with it. Kral had a golden opportunity to steal a lot of pcp sales, but I think their reputation has been damaged too much now.
    Peddy,

I actually would have preferred a breaker puncher. It would have been even further from my comfort zone of theoben and daystate but there wasn't one in the shop. So I went for the rifle because it felt good.

I have heard good things about range right customer service so I hope what I've read is true. I look forwards to getting it back and sorted.

I held the kral alongside the gamo fox, coyote and rotex rm8. The kral feels streets ahead in terms of quality. Like you say - Kral could have had the lower pcp market cornered if it wasn't for silly QC errors.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Peddy,

I actually would have preferred a breaker puncher. It would have been even further from my comfort zone of theoben and daystate but there wasn't one in the shop. So I went for the rifle because it felt good.

I have heard good things about range right customer service so I hope what I've read is true. I look forwards to getting it back and sorted.

I held the kral alongside the gamo fox, coyote and rotex rm8. The kral feels streets ahead in terms of quality. Like you say - Kral could have had the lower pcp market cornered if it wasn't for silly QC errors.

Dan
    I still wouldn't be put off buying another Kral, but it would have to be new or from a trusted seller off here, as when you get a good one they take some beating. I did think they had sorted the barrel issues out, so maybe yours was older stock? It still shouldn't happen and unfortunately folk now only report the negatives, so their name is tarnished. I know the likes of weihrauch aren't as good as they used to be but they have a long good history to fall back on, whereas Kral don't. Keep us updated how you get on, I will message Dave to let him know your issue.

I still wouldn't be put off buying another Kral, but it would have to be new or from a trusted seller off here, as when you get a good one they take some beating. I did think they had sorted the barrel issues out, so maybe yours was older stock? It still shouldn't happen and unfortunately folk now only report the negatives, so their name is tarnished. I know the likes of weihrauch aren't as good as they used to be but they have a long good history to fall back on, whereas Kral don't. Keep us updated how you get on, I will message Dave to let him know your issue.

Cheers peddy. I'm guessing it's old stock too. The newer stuff tends to have better feedback. Tell him it will be coming back to him from Barnsley. I'll keep you (and anyone else interested in this thread) updated.

Dan

Cheers peddy. I'm guessing it's old stock too. The newer stuff tends to have better feedback. Tell him it will be coming back to him from Barnsley. I'll keep you (and anyone else interested in this thread) updated.

Dan
    I've messaged him to look at the thread, I'm sure they will help you 100%.

I've messaged him to look at the thread, I'm sure they will help you 100%.
    Brill. Cheers bud.

Dan

I'll be picking up a Kral Puncher Breaker MKII next weekend, full report to follow!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post
    I'll be picking up a Kral Puncher Breaker MKII next weekend, full report to follow!

My rfd didn't have the breaker model so I went for the rifle. I was well impressed with the finish and feel of my rifle. Not quite so impressed with the barrel but hopefully that'll be sorted.

Fingers crossed for you pal

My rfd didn't have the breaker model so I went for the rifle. I was well impressed with the finish and feel of my rifle. Not quite so impressed with the barrel but hopefully that'll be sorted.

Fingers crossed for you pal
    Thanks buddy, I’m excited/nervous after the issues with the older models but for the money I’m going to give it a go! I’ve always wanted a bullpup for the balance and length they offer, and with limited funds (I spent too much on my R10!!) this seemed like the best option.
    Arte et marte.

Any update from the breaker, pal?

My Rfd is awaiting return of my puncher. Unsure if I have a repair or replacement at this stage.

I too was considering a Puncher Breaker MK2, but I'm a little reticent having read some of the negatives, its still in the running but I am now starting to think about a Hatsan Gladius bullpup, although a little over complicated mainly due to the forward cocking leaver, but they seem to have a better rep.

Any update from the breaker, pal?

My Rfd is awaiting return of my puncher. Unsure if I have a repair or replacement at this stage.
    I had my Kral PB less than 24 hours, brand new it had marks on the barrel, cylinder and action, magazines were cracked or didn’t work at all and it was well down on power! I cut my losses and got my money back.

Totally gutted as I had my heart set on it! But couldn’t justify all the issues from new, I’ll be saving for something more reliable, once I work out what that is!!
    Last edited by Staffs86; 07-04-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Typos
    Arte et marte.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post
    I had my Kral PB less than 24 hours, brand new it had marks on the barrel, cylinder and action, magazines were cracked or didn’t work at all and it was well down on power! I cut my losses and got my money back.

Totally gutted as I had my heart set on it! But couldn’t justify all the issues from new, I’ll be saving for something more reliable, once I work out what that is!!
    That's a shame just seems Kral although had the potential to dominate the budget bull pup market simply can't be bothered to send them out right. I must be lucky with my two. I would recommend the Smk p10 and 15 before you get nearer the £1000 bull pups. They must be good Diana have put their name on them!!!!

That's a shame just seems Kral although had the potential to dominate the budget bull pup market simply can't be bothered to send them out right. I must be lucky with my two. I would recommend the Smk p10 and 15 before you get nearer the £1000 bull pups. They must be good Diana have put their name on them!!!!
    The only thing that puts me off the P10/15 is the stock! The Skyhawk solves that problem for me but I wonder what price they’ll come over at? The Cometa Orion BP isn’t much more expensive but I can’t seem to find much information on them.
    Arte et marte.