Thread: Interesting Sights

Interesting Sights

Just trawling t'bay, there are a couple of interesting sights for sale, including one made by London Small Arms (LSA); I've seen one of these fitted to an early post WW1 BSA Standard and I would have bought the set, had it been for sale. The seller also has some BSA and other sights for sale. Item no. 303132447661 Not me selling but if you're after a contemporary Lyman, BSA, LSA or Parker sight, the current bid prices are tempting....

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Just trawling t'bay, there are a couple of interesting sights for sale, including one made by London Small Arms (LSA); I've seen one of these fitted to an early post WW1 BSA Standard and I would have bought the set, had it been for sale. The seller also has some BSA and other sights for sale. Item no. 303132447661 Not me selling but if you're after a contemporary Lyman, BSA, LSA or Parker sight, the current bid prices are tempting....

John
    Hello John,

As a matter of interest, I picked up this LSA sight as part of a deal to get a BSA No 8 sight with a six hole eyepiece for what I thought was a very reasonable £100 the pair. The No 8 sight also came with the little mounting plate which I didn't use, but is still interesting in its own right. Like yourself, I have a fascination for old sights and accessories.

Brian

L.s.a sight .

After a couple of glasses of wine my enthusiasm ruled my brain yet again and i ended up with a number of these rifle sights which will be posted my way shortly,like Brian i do like these Parker hale sights and the L.S.A. sight which i did not have in my collection. On saying that i will more than likely put them for sale at the next Birmingham arms fair after i have fondle them for a while.
    Roly.

Glad they found a good home - as I get older, I find myself relying on peep sights more and more!

John

Any idea of the value of this one ?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

[QUOTE=Benelli B76;7681518]Any idea of the value of this one ?

Hi,

I would expect to pay £80-£100 for a BSA No 8 sight with a single hole eyepiece and an additional £30 for a PH six hole eyepiece. Obviously, you would need to pay more if the sight was purchased through a dealer.

Brian

Looks like a BSA No8 fitted with a PH iris, so the lack of a BSA eyepiece would probably have an adverse effect on value Baz.

Kind regards,

John