Thread: Buddy bottle valve replacement

Buddy bottle valve replacement

Hi just to ask I've got a bit of a problem with one of my buddy bottle valves, Its a black plastic type and it's trying to get out of the bottle, Its leaking slowly and hopefully the next day or so it should be empty, The valve is no good as it's sticking out of the top of the bottle, The type that is on this one is the one with the 3 grooves, Are they basically straight forward to change and if so what would be the best way to do a replacement, Thanks.

Dr bobs valves are user serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Dr bobs valves are user serviceable.
    Not sure what one is on it at the moment, It was fine when I left the house, was in my chest pocket, Thought it was nearing to explode, Just lucky it didn't

While I'm here, He could I tell if the valve us serviceable rather than replace, Worth asking,

Once the bottle is FULLY empty, remove the valve from the bottle. (you might need one of the special spanners with three teeth - I think Bob does these too?) and tlllok on the understide of the valve. The serviceable ones have a hex screw allowing access to the valve shuttle, o rings and springs.

Is it a 200cc or 400cc bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi just to ask I've got a bit of a problem with one of my buddy bottle valves, Its a black plastic type and it's trying to get out of the bottle, Its leaking slowly and hopefully the next day or so it should be empty, The valve is no good as it's sticking out of the top of the bottle, The type that is on this one is the one with the 3 grooves, Are they basically straight forward to change and if so what would be the best way to do a replacement, Thanks.
    Identifying the rifle make & valve type might make life easier, we don't all have 24 hour access to a crystal ball

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Identifying the rifle make & valve type might make life easier, we don't all have 24 hour access to a crystal ball
    Theoben rapid mk2, black plastic nipple , it's about all I can see and has the 3 grooves around the neck,

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Once the bottle is FULLY empty, remove the valve from the bottle. (you might need one of the special spanners with three teeth - I think Bob does these too?) and tlllok on the understide of the valve. The serviceable ones have a hex screw allowing access to the valve shuttle, o rings and springs.

Is it a 200cc or 400cc bottle?
    Hi bud it's a 400cc bottle,

From what I gather, the valves with 3 grooves at the top for removal are original theoben ones and are not servicable. Dr. Bob and best fittings do new valves, both are servicable...

Andy.
    NO LONGER My s410

Thanks for all the replys. And yes your quite right I've had confirmation that it is a non serviceable valve. Thanks again.