Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
The gun you have is a 34sm. I'm not 100% sure of the introduction year but there are previous threads on.here related to them. I picked one up myself before last xmas. They are really good handling guns, and came complete with the scope you have with the gun. I have to say that the moderator is reasonably effective and I look forward to the day I can get around to a strip down and overhaul of mine. I suspect it will become quieter still and be an accomplished hunting weapon.
The 34s is a gun.I.also own.and is earlier again than the 34sm. This has a 15 inch barrel.
I think the sm only came in .22.

You will find a date stamp towards the rear of the cylinder above the trigger near the plastic end cap (month/year).
Glad for your fortunate acquisition.
Dave
Cheers Dave
Looks like 06 or 08 03

Its in remarkably good nick. Metalwork very good with a few rub marks on the end of the silencer. Some marks to one side of the forend of the stock but these will disappear with some wax. Internals are standard and bone dry.
I have a used tbt kit her for a 34 but I may order a new one with anew spring. The spring in it isnt finished very well. I'd say this has seen little use and the marks are from the 10 years of storage.
The stock looked very dull but a wipe over with ballistol produced a filthy black rag and a shiny lovely stock.
Chronoed at 11.2 on the skan as soon as I got it back.
I'm considering taking the silencer off as I have a shorter slimmer one here. I'll get it sorted and try it on the range. Very consistent with FTT