Thread: Valuation please

Valuation please

Webley Vulcan carbine, rely good bluing ( you can still see most of the gold lettering ) both sights , wood work used but good, still works well.

Have a look at past threads on here if you have access to sales but generally between £100-150 they range on here from very good to mint if this helps

Vulcan

If it's a Vulcan MK3 KS then £175 - £200 if in great condition. Mach 1.5

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post

Have a look at past threads on here if you have access to sales but generally between £100-150 they range on here from very good to mint if this helps
    If beech stocked, yes. If walnut, more -- and depending on the model, potentially, much much more.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post

If it's a Vulcan MK3 KS then £175 - £200 if in great condition. Mach 1.5
    Hmmmm. As the Mk.III KS wore a beech stock, imho, I sort of agree, but it'd have to be pristine to achieve anything like the thick end of your price range me thinks?

But yes, I do concur that the KS is a crackin' rifle, and I also recognise that someone who specifically wants a KS probably wouldn't (and probably shouldn't) quibble if the price tag is at the higher end of your suggested price range.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Vulcan

Did see one go for £195 last year hence my price range. But then again it's what someone is prepared to pay as mentioned. Mach 1.5

Yes it's a mark 3 carbine ks.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post

I'd agree with this for a Mk1/2, not a lot more for a Mk3 - I have seen a lot of these threads about Vulcans lately - and I don't see them selling for what people value them at. I sold my MK II deluxe last year in very, very good condition and completely standard with a moderator, scope, bag and original sights for just £165, I even threw in some pellets. I don't believe for a second it was worth £150 gun only, and I was the original owner! These will only sell for what people are willing to pay for them, price it sensibly and it will sell, only mint, boxed collectors items are worth more.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

As above^
    A lot of Vulcan's were made.
    Mint, and I mean mint then £200, even a tad more.
    Everything else then £100-£185. A walnut deluxe will only just get £175.
    Anything rough then £100 is too much as there are plenty out there. MkI's in very good order are getting difficult to find as most were used very hard. A good MkI then £120-£140, as should be most MkII's in excellent order.
    There aren't particularly rare, and not that marvellous a rifle. They ought to be good value, not some dream premium priced machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

As above^
    A lot of Vulcan's were made.
    Mint, and I mean mint then £200, even a tad more.
    Everything else then £100-£185. A walnut deluxe will only just get £175.
    Anything rough then £100 is too much as there are plenty out there. MkI's in very good order are getting difficult to find as most were used very hard. A good MkI then £120-£140, as should be most MkII's in excellent order.
    There aren't particularly rare, and not that marvellous a rifle. They ought to be good value, not some dream premium priced machine.
    Indeed, and agreed, but with a few notable exceptions, as only last month I sold a near mint boxed Vulcan MK.I Special Edition model (not to be confused with the Special Export variant) on here, for £375.00 (one of only 110 made, and one of only seven known to still be kicking around) plus post or f2f collection.

And £375 wasn't robbing anyone who wanted a very rare example to fit into their collection. Even I was surprised by the walnut one above; that there were a few short runs done by Webley. Its what makes collecting so much fun.
    However for the un of the mil examples lets not get over inflated with prices. I think there are quite a few rifles that in used guise are over priced. Heck a well used HW35E, lightly battered, shouldn't be much. Nor a tatty FWB Sport. Tatty is tatty and just because it goes bang doesn't warrant the more than £100 too often demanded. Not even for parts.