Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton

Kempton

What can I say! Been going to fairs on and off for last 30 years or so (first fair I can remember was the Nottingham arms fair) and have never been to a fair as good as this! A very very organised event with lots of space between tables, spot on venue nice and light and in one hall (not like Brum which is very tight on space over 3 room) very eclectic mix of traders with everything from colt 1902 .38 acp to rapids and giffards!! And a nice mix of collectors and big dealers of airguns, has to be said I have never seen so many airguns for sale in one fair as I said above giffards to theobens and everything in between! Needless to say I came home with quite a few items both airguns, nice jap scopes and other stuff

Really easy to get to as well being just off the m25.

Definitely my new favourite fair.

Big well done to Pete and the team Kempton.

P.s. if you are thinking of going, stop,thinking and start saving/planning!

Am sure john will be putting pics up at some point

Really impressive event. Wallet lighter as expected. My focus air pistols. Enjoyed seeing at least two R28 repeaters. Webley Mk 1 spring clip. Boxed Webley target and A1 pre war Seniors. Highest Possibles. Couple of Titans. Abas. Hubertus. Tell 2s. Never been to a show with such a selection.
    Anyone know the contact for the stall that had the boxed vg R28 Repeater. Was too much for me but I have a friend who may be interested and I did not take a business card. Steve

If you can remember where it was in the building message binners he will help you am sure.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Guy, wish I'd known you were goig, would have tried to say hello.

Great event, my Dad and I thoroughtly enjoyed it. Manage to meet up with loads of folks I'd not seen for a while, plus quite a few who I'd only ever spoken to on the BBS. when's the next one ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Kempton

Another cracking day, Binners should be congratulated once again for a great event. Good for traders and buyers alike. Almost too much choice if you're out to buy.

The bad note, i broke Gingernuts flask, sorry.

Really enjoyed the show and the atmosphere.

Didn’t buy any pistols this time (lots of self control required!!!) but picked up some nice accessories, including a Walther cp2 briefcase... thanks Nigel.

Can’t wait till the next one.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

Another cracking day, Binners should be congratulated once again for a great event. Good for traders and buyers alike. Almost too much choice if you're out to buy.

The bad note, I broke Gingernut's flask, sorry.
    Yep, well done Binners old bean: a crackin' day was had by all. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and got some lovely bits to ad to the collection. Was also good to meet up with several of the BBS massive, too, innit.

As for Patric's flask, however, hope he'd emptied it before what ever happened, happened, or that would've been an unforgivable waste of a particularly good single malt (lol).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Congratulations to Peter and the team, as it was another fabulous fair today.

The number of Airguns was overwhelming, and then there was all the black powder pistols, rifles, muskets, de-acts and Militaria. It was another feast for the senses. Well done to all !

Lakey

Kempton

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep, well done Binners old bean: a crackin' day was had by all. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and got some lovely bits to ad to the collection. Was also good to meet up with several of the BBS massive, too, innit.

As for Patric's flask, however, hope he'd emptied it before what ever happened, happened, or that would've been an unforgivable waste of a particularly good single malt (lol).
    i can confirm it was only tea!, Sorry didn't know you were there, would have been good to chat to an other fellow BBS'er

Give yourself a pat on the back Binners, another great event.

The third time I've been and picked up two bargain rifles today and some more chequering tools from Dyson's.

Another roaring success, Mr and Mrs B; you should both be suitably proud of yourselves, as this fair keeps getting better and better.

I managed to find some interesting items. the icing on the cake being a 1930s AGP marked Sprawson Parker Traversing Foresight fitted to a contemporary BSA T prefixed Standard. I have spent 30 years looking for one of these, so finding one I could buy certainly made my day.

John

Kempton

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Another roaring success, Mr and Mrs B; you should both be suitably proud of yourselves, as this fair keeps getting better and better.

I managed to find some interesting items. the icing on the cake being a 1930s AGP marked Sprawson Parker Traversing Foresight fitted to a contemporary BSA T prefixed Standard. I have spent 30 years looking for one of these, so finding one I could buy certainly made my day.

John
    A great event; I had to leave too soon (because I had bought Five items for my collection in half an hour, and was running out of confidence!

John

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

i can confirm it was only tea!, Sorry didn't know you were there, would have been good to chat to an other fellow BBS'er
    Yes, would've been good to meet with you and put a face to a name, too? Maybe next time we could earmark an area for the BBS massive to congregate and use as a default pit-stop spot (preferably near the chuck wagon ) ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

John
    John, What a lovely thing that was. I was green with envy. First time I had ever seen one in the flesh ! Wonderful find!

Lakey

Kempton park

Mr and Mrs Binners thank you very much for a great day, the event is just getting better and better .

Rgds Kev