Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kempton

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks Danny and Brian,

I intend to include the Sprawson - Parker sight in my long awaited book and it will be good to feature images of an actual example rather than just a catalogue description.

However, as that may not be ready for a while yet, I do intend sharing the sight with readers later in the year through my regular Airgun World column. I also have access to some interesting aspects of Herbert Sprawson's shooting career, which I hope readers will find as fascinating as I do. I've already had a quick play with the sight and have found it incredibly easy to adjust in comparison to a standard dovetail fitting. The fine blade is useful as it is a lot narrower than a standard BSA bead and does not obscure the target to the same degree as a bead.

Believe it or not, an example of the Gibbs Headrest also turned up at Kempton and was snapped up by a keen Bisley member (no, not me!). I took a few snaps and have passed all of my images to Binners to use on his website, so I am sure that as soon as Mr B has uploaded/downloaded them, he'll share a link.

Kind regards,

John

Tried to free them form whatever format they were sent, but to no avail! and I had my big copy and paste finger ready too!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Yeah, BBS badges for the next event is a great idea
    Then do have a read of my post @ post #8 on Pete's A Big Thankyou thread hereabouts in collectables, as it details the BBS badge I was wearing and where it came from, and maybe it may inspire someone to pick up where the now long gone AirArms Dave left off?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I’m not sure.
    People seem to like me.

Until I say I’m Gingernut.