Thread: A big thank you

A big thank you

A big thanks to all of you for your kind words on the BBS. The Fair would not have been the success, if it were not for all of you that came through the turnstile or stalled out.

It only seemed like yesterday that we were struggling to convince Traders to take tables, but through the continued support of Keith Bayliss and Tim Dyson, with combined displays of over 100 ft of classic and vintage air guns between them, that has attracted buyers and collectors alike from all over Europe.

One other gentleman, who is not on this website, is Cliff Fuller who was the founder of the Bisley Classic Arms Fairs and whom I have thanked before but feel needs to be mentioned, has been instrumental in promoting, supporting and encouraging us to go for it.

It looks like we are fully booked for the next one, with most of the Traders keen to have permanent positions, that we now have a waiting list! Who'd have thought that?

We will keep it going, all the time you keep coming........

Thanks again.

'The Binfield Family'

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ​.
    You are more than welcome Binners old boy -- and everything said is said deservedly, too. Atb you old Git (lol).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Mate it's us who should be (and indeed are) thanking you
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I think all collectors that attended unanimously agree it is thanks to you, Liz and your team that we have this fair and it is the success it is.

Speaking to collectors throughout the day and seeing the unsolicited comments here on the BBS, the vibe remains incredibly positive and you have now firmly established the premier event for airgun collectors in the country. That's really quite something and I'm not sure I ever thought it would be possible in my lifetime but you've done it.

And to think one of us on the humble BBS has achieved this. Jo and I both feel incredibly proud.

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 26-03-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    On a more somber note it was with great sadness that once again on my way to Kempton I found that I was unable to listen to the Gardening programme on Radio Kent somewhere near Clacket Lane services. I would have thought with your organisational skills that this kind of failing would have been rectified by now for those of us travelling so far up North as Surrey. May we trust this this oversight is addressed before next time
    Congrats on another success Pete,see you at the next one!

I echo all the previously stated sentiments, but might I suggest name badges would be a good idea.
    It would appear I missed out on meeting quite a few who I would have liked to have chatted to.
    Name badges that just affix to clothing with a safety pin, with a plain background are available, or on a lanyard, which would just need either the members own or BBS name to be inserted, preferably using Dymo tape or similar.

Pete it’s us that need to thank you

My little blacking shop is stacked out for the foreseeable and I have 3 collections of guns for auction so we had a very productive day although I couldn’t resist a couple of new projects

Thanks again and put me down for next time
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

I echo all the previously stated sentiments, but might I suggest name badges would be a good idea.
    It would appear I missed out on meeting quite a few who I would have liked to have chatted to.
    Name badges that just affix to clothing with a safety pin, with a plain background are available, or on a lanyard, which would just need either the members own or BBS name to be inserted, preferably using Dymo tape or similar.
    Yes, good call, as my badge worked well for getting me recognised, for I was wearing my 2" X 3/4" silver BBS logo pin badge sporting my user name, as AirArms Dave made up for me -- and anyone else who wanted one, with their user name on -- for £2 a pop some twelve years or so ago (before he got banned).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I much enjoyed the event too - well done Binners for all your efforts to get this off the ground.

I would like to have put some faces to some of the names, here, and fully support Troubledshooter's splendid idea for name badges. These could be completed in ink, by the attendee, upon entry.

Surprisingly, I did not see any trader selling pellets; I had hoped to stock up. Last summer, I was able to purchase some original Eley Wasps - always good to have as a benchmark but this time my requirement was merely for some more S.domes and such like.

It would be wonderful if a small shooting range of some description were to be available - perhaps to try out potential purchases - but probably this is not feasible.

I came away with some ideas for future purchases but always like to do a little research before hand. In addition, it would be useful if traders could provide velocity figures for their rifles, which would tell us whether new springs/washers were required. For many, here, this would not be a problem but for technophobes like me, it would entail another visit to Protek.

Another great show, My first as a seller and I enjoyed it just as much as I did a buyer on previous events, Good meeting up with some BBS members and on a couple of occasions realised who I was talking to just on the content of conversation, a nice greeting on the gate by 2 of the most cheerful ladies I've come across at 06:30 in the morning, having just come down from London after picking my son up from a night club only to find some light fingered arxxhole had nicked my wallet therefore me having to spend half an hour in the services cancelling all my credit and debit cards I was not in the best of moods upon arrival, they were a breath of fresh air and quickly lifted my mood, the atmosphere of the show soon had me forgetting how the day started and enjoying a great show with fellow enthusiasts, WELL DONE Pete and all involved.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

First time for me. I normally attend antique arm fairs, but the Kempton fair blew all the others out of the water! What's particularly great it that you see so much new stuff, not advertised on the web.
    A brilliant day was had. Bravo!

What can I say after all of those above, perfect show, enjoyed every bit of it. Wonderfull items, meeting old and new friends! even missed one (Phil!) scored a couple of great things too, Haenel IVE (thnx david) and a wonderfull Webley fluted stock mk3. Went to the ATM too often, dear not to look at my account, all worth it ofcourse. Great job Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    What can I say after all of those above, perfect show, enjoyed every bit of it. Wonderfull items, meeting old and new friends! even missed one (Phil!) scored a couple of great things too, Haenel IVE (thnx david) and a wonderfull Webley fluted stock mk3. Went to the ATM too often, dear not to look at my account, all worth it ofcourse. Great job Pete!
    Thank you Binners.... My first 'Kempton' and it won't be my last. Nice to finally meet you.
    Thank you, Dear Lord, for the ATM too!