Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz 335 Queries

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    The magnum was sold in the uk as I purchased one from the owner of this site back in the days when mail order was the norm for air rifles and shotguns,sadly I never got to use it due to sudden circumstances and had to return it to js at a loss to me of £15...if I recall from a press article it may be that the chamber was 2mm wider so a bit more volume,whether the writer was correct in that I have no idea...as for the chamber being put out by the word 'magnum',the chamber is already out of shape due to the name stamp anyway,my mk2 is out and so was the mk1 that I owned.
    Are you saying that the action of placing a name stamp/engraving on the chamber actually caused the chamber to lose its shape? If so, this must have been horrendous engineering. I cannot imagine how the factory could not have seen this error. It must have played havoc with the internals.

the Magnum was a model 35.....not a 335

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    the Magnum was a model 35.....not a 335
    Mine clearly says:

Anschütz
    Mod. 335
    Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Are you saying that the action of placing a name stamp/engraving on the chamber actually caused the chamber to lose its shape? If so, this must have been horrendous engineering. I cannot imagine how the factory could not have seen this error. It must have played havoc with the internals.
    If you look inside the tube of many springers, you will find that this is quite common.
    The BSA Supersport is an example.

Let us know how you get on with your project!
    It may taka a while before I get anything more done, but I will post my findings here.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    If you look inside the tube of many springers, you will find that this is quite common.
    This, surely, would lead to a degree of backwash, ie air escaping backwards behind the washer, via the rough contours in the metal.

And Superstar.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    And Superstar.

Yes, but that is the scope platform and the engraving/printing is insufficiently deep to create any impact on the cylinder/air chamber beneath.

Yes, but that is the scope platform and the engraving/printing is insufficiently deep to create any impact on the cylinder/air chamber beneath.
    I wasn't referring to the possible damage to the internals, (which personally I doubt) I was commenting that as well as Supersport, BSA did the Magnum Superstar.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

It is still possible to download a 335 manual from the Anschutz website for anyone that wants/needs one.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I wasn't referring to the possible damage to the internals, (which personally I doubt) I was commenting that as well as Supersport, BSA did the Magnum Superstar.

ATB
    Ian
    Ah - I misunderstood. An earlier comment read "...as for the chamber being put out by the word 'magnum', the chamber is already out of shape due to the name stamp anyway, my mk2 is out and so was the mk1 that I owned."

Meanwhile, it is good to know that Anschutz still provides the old manual. I am not yet decided as to whether to seek out one of these rifles for my humble collection. It seems, however, that they are possessed of character and ability.

The name on the cylinder is rolled on under pressure hence why it slighty mis-shapes the cylinder at that point,some are affected more than others,calipers will show it up.

Mine clearly says:

Anschütz
    Mod. 335
    Magnum
    As it did on mine...the 35 may have been the usa market or an original 35 perhaps?....not sure the original came in a magnum dress mind.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/