Thread: Two old Daystates

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.

Two old Daystates

Daystate Huntsman FTR .177 and FTR custom, are these considered collectible?

I have the FTR here and it's seriously accurate, but can anyone tell me what fill adaptor I need?
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Daystate Huntsman FTR .177 and FTR custom, are these considered collectible?

I have the FTR here and it's seriously accurate, but can anyone tell me what fill adaptor I need?

I would like to know the answer to that question as I have an early Huntsman, which must be early '90s/late '80s, I think, but I prefer springers these days so was thinking of selling mine. What is FTR? I believe these Huntsmans were produced with Anschutz barrels and, as you say, they are extremely accurate. I have the original instruction manual so can check any technical question you have, assuming this is present within. There is a hose, which connects to the filling tank and the rifle, with a gauge on it.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    My CR97 is the same connector as the Best Fittings quick coupler and, other than a basic 1/8"BSP male screwfit, I cannot remember seeing an older Daystate with anything else. Have you tried one of those?

Jerry

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    My CR97 is the same connector as the Best Fittings quick coupler and, other than a basic 1/8"BSP male screwfit, I cannot remember seeing an older Daystate with anything else. Have you tried one of those?

I have both the LR90 and MK 11 Huntsman and both have what you describe, but the FTR is very different and I presume that the FTR custom will be the same.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

My FTR (field target rifle) MK2 Huntsman, has the earlier AA type quick fill which I believe was fitted as an aftermarket modification.

On my other early Daystates, Mk1 Midas and LR90 FTR, the filler hose is screwed straight onto the filling valve which is 1/8 BSP

A Falcon quick fill goes straight on.

The FTR has a competition trigger and may have been factory shortstroked, mine are, but I don't know if it was factory or aftermarket.

Fitted with a Lothar Walther barrel as far as I know, seriously nice trigger and very accurate, the build quality and deep bluing is way above any mass produced rifle of today.

Unfortunately they don't seem to sell for their true value, but definitely collectable.
    Last edited by master_shriller; 27-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Thumbs up

Hi

I had this mk1 Huntsman but swapped it for another gun..

I still have this sporter, It had a rubbish single stage plate trigger so I stripped the 'Match' trigger/sears etc from the one above and copied it!!

I was told that on the early guns, The logo had a dart hitting the centre of a target (A dart in the form of a tranquilizer), I was told that later guns the dart wasn't in the centre!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/