Thread: Titan MPT

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.

Titan MPT

I have acquired a Titan MPT in fantastic condition and can only say what a fantastic little rifle. Unfortunately it leaks air through the loading port. Due to its age I'm concerned if this is a repair that can be done, and if so by whom?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Get it back to John Bowkett in Birmingham. He designed them and he's worked on my two MPTs.
    'FACed' one of them and regulated the other.

Inlet valve is solid, no o ring, it can be taken out, either cleaned or re-surfaced to seal.

You can get a new valve from Best Fittings tel 01747 312672 there the same as the Falcon FN part No 03FI-SKO3 £7.50 plus postage. Nice little rifle iv had one since new could have sold it 50 times over.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Outstanding info everyone, many thanks.
    Just to be clear we managed to get air into the cylinder but could hear it escaping from the bolt (loading port) as soon as we closed the bolt we couldn't hear the air coming out, but I'm guessing it was, but much slower.

This was part of a collection that I have come across with a few to selling on, but I like this little rifle so much I might have to keep it depending on how much it will cost to repair.
    Last edited by Elwood; 29-03-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Sounds like a valve issue you can buy a new valve or if know some one with a lathe have it refaced or just strip and clean may work only takes minute bit of dust deris to get in to cause a leak ( good look with a magnifying glass for scores will help ) a clean and polish as been known to work would of thought the valve would be same as a falcon valve. There was a video on you tube showing a lad reface a valve with cordless drill and a Stanley blade would be my very last resort trying that but if it’s leaking and don’t no any one with a lathe you have nothing to loose as long as totally flat again with no scores should seal again

Link to new valve stem if needed http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr....-FALCONVALVE/

My old Titan bearcat had a loading probe that could be removed.
    There were 2 o ring seals on the probe.
    Is yours like this?
    Replace those seals?

valve

put a balloon over the end of the barrel if it inflates there is a leak, likewise if you think the leak is from the fill valve, most leaks are the result of debris on the face of the valves, if you can strip the valve out clean the face with thinners this may solve your problem without spending money you do not need to Del
    Del
    Just do it
    My second language is gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Outstanding info everyone, many thanks.
    Just to be clear we managed to get air into the cylinder but could hear it escaping from the bolt (loading port) as soon as we closed the bolt we couldn't hear the air coming out, but I'm guessing it was, but much slower.

This was part of a collection that I have come across with a few to selling on, but I like this little rifle so much I might have to keep it depending on how much it will cost to repair.
    Just tried to pm you your inbox is full ---if you deicide not to repair it yourself let me no
    Last edited by ZAKDINGEL; 29-03-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Just tried to pm you your inbox is full ---if you deicide not to repair it yourself let me no
    Inbox is now clear, try again.