Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boinger bash

Boinger bash

Forgive my ignorance please, but can anyone enlighten me as to what and where the Boinger Bash is?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There might be a thread with everything you need to know. But in brief, next weekend at Micks place, near Hinkley.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thanks for that, there are a lot of posts about it but they don't mention what or where, I thought at first just a sales thread. Then I realised it might be an event. I got excited then. Unfortunately it is nowhere near me or I would have gone.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ayment-Details

All details in the 1st post...

I'll be there, my 2nd time.

image.jpeg

And there I was blissfully thinking the "Boinger Bash Event and Payment Details" thread that's been running for ten weeks gave the game away.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    image.jpeg

And there I was blissfully thinking the "Boinger Bash Event and Payment Details" thread that's been running for ten weeks gave the game away.
    I've told you Mick, I speak to forum members every week who are not aware of it.

Thanks for the link, sounds like it will be a good do. Does anyone have an event like this further South?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Thanks for the link, sounds like it will be a good do. Does anyone have an event like this further South?
    Further south?! The field next to Micks is the geographical centre of England and you're practically next door!

We travel from all over the country for this.

Silly Gary's I believe. Looking for a link

I'll be going from Bristol..... I see you're Basingstoke based, I would offer a lift but its kind of very out of my way! If you could get somewhere close along the route I could help. Otherwise, try asking and seeing if anyone else may offer a lift?

EDIT:

I would also love to know about any events in the south too, being the softy southerner that I am!!!
    Last edited by Roooss; 28-03-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added some text

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I've told you Mick, I speak to forum members every week who are not aware of it.
    I just find that a bit weird, Nick.

The Boinger Bash is presently classed as a private party with the attendees paying up front for me to organise it and lay everything on --- If we were to advertise in magazines and take payment on the gate it would become a commercial event and we'd have to have the HSE and the local Firearms officer involved.

I'm buggered if I know how we can do more ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I just find that a bit weird, Nick.

The Boinger Bash is presently classed as a private party with the attendees paying up front for me to organise it and lay everything on --- If we were to advertise in magazines and take payment on the gate it would become a commercial event and we'd have to have the HSE and the local Firearms officer involved.

I'm buggered if I know how we can do more ?
    It amazes me - I talk to loads of people on the net and mention the springer bash and Quigley Hollow etc and they have never heard of it. However - surely thats hwo word of mouth works? They legend of Quigley Hollow is spreading far and wide - give it a couple of years and you wont be able to fit it all on the one field I reckon
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Roooss View Post
    I'll be going from Bristol..... I see you're Basingstoke based, I would offer a lift but its kind of very out of my way! If you could get somewhere close along the route I could help. Otherwise, try asking and seeing if anyone else may offer a lift?

EDIT:

I would also love to know about any events in the south too, being the softy southerner that I am!!!
    That's very decent of you, however I am not without transport, its just the distance. I go to the Wiltshire shooting centre at Devises, about 30 miles from me, and that is a special outing when I go.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

That's very decent of you, however I am not without transport, its just the distance. I go to the Wiltshire shooting centre at Devises, about 30 miles from me, and that is a special outing when I go.
    For most of us the Boinger Bash is a travel of between one and two hundred miles each way -- same philosophy for me as attending Biker rallies, ergo treat it as a weekend away.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    92 miles there and back for me and for those travelling down from up north god knows how far it is but they are regulars at the event, try it, set off early and do it in the day or bring a tent, caravan or sleep in the car, I have done it but don't recommend it, book into the B&B or one of the near by pubs and hotels for the night.

Its a great day, weekend or week if you want, for the paltry fee you will never ever beat a shooting do as good.

Chippendale