Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx200hc or a Prosport

Tx200hc or a Prosport

Thinking of getting a Tx200hc or a Prosport in MK3 to use where I can’t use my rimfire, what are the pro and cons between the two? Or does it come down to personal preferences? I’ve owned HW’s in the past that I have time with various drop in kits, is that something worth doing with these or are the great from standard? Im ideally after a second hand one , Ive trawled the usual sites but can't really find any within travelling distance , does anyone know of anyone selling?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've had both plus the full length TX and they are all great! The Prosport looks best but is hardest to cock, the Full length is easiest to cock but aesthetically too long (for me at least) so I have an HC, in a walnut stock.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    For hunting personally I'd go for a .22 cal. TX200HC and "out of the box" its fine for the job !
    Scope to the owners preference.

And there's one in Sales right now !
    “An airgun or two”………

Forget the springers and buy a airarms s410k

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post

Forget the springers and buy a airarms s410k
    [Yawn lol]

Having had three ProSports and five TXs over the last sixteen years, it has to be a personal choice, as both are BRILL, but after years of experimenting, swapping and changing, my current No.1 air gun is a walnut TX200HC .177, so fwiw, there is my take on it. Hope this helps (but it probably doesn't lol).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Had a tx200hc in both Cal's and a prosport in .177 but also shot a full length MK3 .177 and to be honest it was the nicest to shoot in the smaller cal, I would go full length tx in .177 and HC in .22 I just found the prosport to be style over function.

I've got a Prosport in .22. Reminds me of the old Macinson's ad.. "looks good, tastes good and, by golly, it does you good."
    Just change the taste to shoots and you'll have it spot on !

I've always wanted a left handed prosport and feel like I've missed out now they don't make them, but ive got to agree with what you've said.
    I've got a v mach .177 hw95, v mach tx200 hc in .22 and a standard full length tx200 in .177
    None of them get any use due to work, kids,the house and other interests but last week I picked up the standard full length in .177 which was the first time in 5 years and it was lovely. Best grouping I've ever had and I only fired off 2 dozen shots.
    I'm crap to be honest but it impressed me.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Had a tx200hc in both Cal's and a prosport in .177 but also shot a full length MK3 .177 and to be honest it was the nicest to shoot in the smaller cal, I would go full length tx in .177 and HC in .22 I just found the prosport to be style over function.

I've had a few of both, my preference is for the TX. Probably the HC in .22
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Prosport

How far are you willing to travel i am in north somerset and have a .22 walnut prosport that might be for sale soon

Keith

Had both TX and PS, both in .177.

Still got the TX, really struggled to get on with the PS, despite it looking the dogs.

Looks come a very poor second to how you can shoot it.

Regards

Bob

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Thinking of getting a Tx200hc or a Prosport in MK3 to use where I can’t use my rimfire, what are the pro and cons between the two? Or does it come down to personal preferences? I’ve owned HW’s in the past that I have time with various drop in kits, is that something worth doing with these or are the great from standard? Im ideally after a second hand one , Ive trawled the usual sites but can't really find any within travelling distance , does anyone know of anyone selling?
    They both have the same basic action but one version goes for practical function and robustness and the other goes for looks, the TX cocking lever cocks from the muzzle and feels like a break barrel and the PS lever cocks from the forend a bit like a sidelever.
    The TX is perhaps better for me because I like to dismantle my guns many times to get them just right and this does the TX no harm but could be a problem for the PS because to mention just one part the the hinge bracket that bolts onto the compression cylinder is held on by a bolt and can come loose if undone to many times and it is recommended to use loctite when assembling, it's also worth noting that no other manufacturer makes springers with this kind of lever anymore.

Having said that the PS is so nice looking for a spring gun but is it that nice looking compared with the HC

I quite see why people favour the Prosport; I fell for marketing hype when they first appeared - had early prod .22", nicest walnut I've ever owned. Moved it on though, the not uncommon snapped cocking lever pivot, iffy trigger (replaced by AA), cocking lever uncomfortable under heavy use. I recall looking at my mate's TX200, wishing I had one - years later I did.

More recently had Hunter Carbines both cals. Finally settled on my favourite AA:- walnut .177" full lgth TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    I quite see why people favour the Prosport; I fell for marketing hype when they first appeared - had early prod .22", nicest walnut I've ever owned. Moved it on though, the not uncommon snapped cocking lever pivot, iffy trigger (replaced by AA), cocking lever uncomfortable under heavy use. I recall looking at my mate's TX200, wishing I had one - years later I did.

More recently had Hunter Carbines both cals. Finally settled on my favourite AA:- walnut .177" full lgth TX.
    ^^^ agree with above.rather my bullpup tx200sr to my prosport.thats why the prosport is up for sale at the moment.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    For those who are not sure what I mean about the TX having a more practical/simple and robust cocking lever and linkage setup than a PS, here is a pic to show what I mean