Thread: Starting from scratch...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The kit arrived today. No doubt I’ll be picking your brains on Sunday about how to get the best out of it
    To be honest I’ve felt slightly overwhelmed by it all, but once I’ve started using it I’m sure my confidence will grow. I’ve asked my brother to give me a hand setting it all up as he’s an engineer and is use to working with strick tolerances. I tried the HPS 69g ammo last week at 200 yards on short Siberia and got some decent results. Comfortably shooting 1.5-2inch groups at that range. A few groups had 4 shots within a 1”, just my lack of ability not placing the 5th in the right spot
    I guess it takes a while to work out an optimum load for my rifle. A few of the guys at the local club recommended starting with 24 grains of vit 140 and 69g Sierras and I’ll hopefully get some data to work on from there....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    The kit arrived today. No doubt I’ll be picking your brains on Sunday about how to get the best out of it
    To be honest I’ve felt slightly overwhelmed by it all, but once I’ve started using it I’m sure my confidence will grow. I’ve asked my brother to give me a hand setting it all up as he’s an engineer and is use to working with strick tolerances. I tried the HPS 69g ammo last week at 200 yards on short Siberia and got some decent results. Comfortably shooting 1.5-2inch groups at that range. A few groups had 4 shots within a 1”, just my lack of ability not placing the 5th in the right spot
    I guess it takes a while to work out an optimum load for my rifle. A few of the guys at the local club recommended starting with 24 grains of vit 140 and 69g Sierras and I’ll hopefully get some data to work on from there....
    There's plenty more experienced than me there.

https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading...g/?cartridge=7

PS do you need a funnel? I have a Saturn .22 specific spare you're welcome to if you've not picked one up yet, someone may as well get some use from someone
    Last edited by 223AI; 11-04-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    Thanks for looking

Thanks for that info, I’ll check it out.
    Also I received a pm last night, but unfortunately their inbox is full so I cannot respond.
    As always you guys are most helpful, it’s always appreciated