Thread: Crosman 140 pump arm pins ?

Crosman 140 pump arm pins ?

Any ideas on how to remove the pump arm pins from old Crosmans etc when not drilled straight through,holes only in one side of the stock so knocking out is not possible,help please.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Any ideas on how to remove the pump arm pins from old Crosmans etc when not drilled straight through,holes only in one side of the stock so knocking out is not possible,help please.
    Get a small drill bit which passes through the roll pin and drill through the roll pin and through the blind side, then turn over and drill the holes big enough for the roll pin to pass through.

Then you can knock the pins out.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Get a small drill bit which passes through the roll pin and drill through the roll pin and through the blind side, then turn over and drill the holes big enough for the roll pin to pass through.

Ah, scratch that idea --- only my late 140 has roll pins the others have solid pins.

So all I can think of is taking a template off the side of the pump handle with the holes in using the pump pivot pin as a reference, then put it on the other side of the pump handle to act as a drilling reference.

Done that on others but this one has solid pins,but thanks for your input.

Ah, scratch that idea --- only my late 140 has roll pins the others have solid pins.

So all I can think of is taking a template off the side of the pump handle with the holes in using the pump pivot pin as a reference, then put it on the other side of the pump handle to act as a drilling reference.
    Those are the ones solid! thanks again for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    My method to remove this type of pin is to place the blind side of the pin on a piece of wood, then using a punch, then gently start punching it through to the opposite side, but not hard enough to make it emerge from the blind side, keep an eye on the blind side and you will eventually see a mark where the pin will be nearing the point where it begins to show where it will emerge, then you can see where you can then drill into the blind side a little to meet with the pin, and punch it back towards the other side. By holding the stock firmly against the piece of wood, it will stop the stock from splintering out on the blind side, I have used this method quite a few times, and it has never let me down, hope this helps.

Regards, Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    My method to remove this type of pin is to place the blind side of the pin on a piece of wood, then using a punch, then gently start punching it through to the opposite side, but not hard enough to make it emerge from the blind side, keep an eye on the blind side and you will eventually see a mark where the pin will be nearing the point where it begins to show where it will emerge, then you can see where you can then drill into the blind side a little to meet with the pin, and punch it back towards the other side. By holding the stock firmly against the piece of wood, it will stop the stock from splintering out on the blind side, I have used this method quite a few times, and it has never let me down, hope this helps.

Regards, Lawrie.
    Thanks Lawrie,I started doing that but worried about it damaging the wood,will now proceed with added confidence,thank you,Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post

Regards, Lawrie.
    Using wood backup is the Crosman Service department's advice. They don't mention looking for the holes and then drilling but that certainly sounds like a great addition. Getting those pins out without splintering the wood can been tricky if not done with care.

Fore end pins now removed and no damage,thank you gentlemen for your advice, worked like a dream,Stuart.