Thread: 10m match air rifle for lefty beginners on a budget- advice please!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10m match air rifle for lefty beginners on a budget- advice please!

Hi all
    I'm getting on well with my LP400 pistol -frustrating as it can be, and currently in the dip after the plateau of progress, if you know what I mean! Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of doing 10m rifle too to make club night a bit more interesting, but I'm a lefty and I don't want to spend a lot of cash.
    Very few rifles come up on here or the gun* site etc, so I want to be forewarned to become forearmed! What are your suggestions to keep an eye out for and what would a reasonable price be? I'm thinking more in the £300-400 range than the £800 range if that helps. It would need to be good to go, I wouldn't mind if it was a bit scrappy visually but I wouldn't want something I could blame too much, if you know what I mean!
    Look forward to your thoughts
    Lundy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got a Gunpower edge last year for around that money. I fitted baffles to the shroud and put bearings on the hammer which has improved it no end. It is completely adjustable for either hand and shoots as well as anything else I've tried.
    I have read lots of negative things about this gun, (mainly from greybeards. It's not walnutty enough and is in colour, not good old fashioned black and white) but it doesn't seem to be from anyone who's tried one. The three people I know with them love them.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

What yr looking for? Spring/co2/ssp/pcp?
    ATB,
    yana

I don't really mind! I have a tank for the pistol, and I guess I'd prefer not to have CO2 for no reason other than it's a tank I don't have /an ongoing cost. As far a ssp, spring or PCP, I'm open to ideas if it's cheap, accurate and not too fussy. Obviously in this price range I'm guessing something almost vintage and not too popular, but with so few coming up , I'm not sure "unpopular" is appropriate!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Have you thought of the air arms S200 target version ? Ambidextrous and not too far from your price range.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by perlin View Post
    Have you thought of the air arms S200 target version ? Ambidextrous and not too far from your price range.
    John
    Good suggestion - we have one of these in our club and it shoots very well.

It also has the advantage of being up to date so spare parts and service should not be a problem either!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.