Thread: Extreme View

Extreme View

Are there any other decent brands of scopes apart from the hawke panorama ev on the market that also have extreme view

All it is, (AFAIK) is a wide angle FOV so just compare the FOV of whatever scopes you're interested in.

For example the Panorama EV 3-9 FOV is 13.4m-4.5m, the Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9 is 14.7m-4.9m so a bit wider.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    All it is, (AFAIK) is a wide angle FOV so just compare the FOV of whatever scopes you're interested in.

For example the Panorama EV 3-9 FOV is 13.4m-4.5m, the Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9 is 14.7m-4.9m so a bit wider.
    Have you looked through any of the Panamax range,what are your options on them?

MTC Viper Connect?

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Have you looked through any of the Panamax range,what are your options on them?
    Sorry no, my eyes don't much like NS glass, except the Diamond long range.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Are there any other decent brands of scopes apart from the hawke panorama ev on the market that also have extreme view
    Out of interest...why do you need an extreme FOV.
    MTC Connect will be ultra wide but its one of the few MTCs I really dont like and I dont think its recoil friendly either.
    I hunt a lot and I dont feel and extended FOV helps at all.....but then....I shoot both eyes open and get x hair onto target quick even on a high mag.
    One eyed.... thats a different story of course....especially higher mag

I suppose this is where PiP in some of the digi and thermals helps a lot as both eyes open is as useful as using a candle to poke a fire. Best of both. They say some of the rap5ors have PiP 3yesight.....wide to scan and telescopic to see the last breath depart.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I live EV type scopes - must just be my eyes, but scopes with narrower FOV look like you are staring down a tunnel to me. Panorama EV (3-9) is pretty good, but I have a couple that are wider...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.