Thread: Low mounts for MTC Viper Connect 3-12x24 on a HW100KT?

Low mounts for MTC Viper Connect 3-12x24 on a HW100KT?

Morning All,
    I've just got my hands on a nice new VC 3-12x24 and thought I could use my existing high mounts but they are WAY too high for it! (but fine for my nighteater 10-50x60).
    I'd like to mount it as low as possible, can anyone tell me if I can use low mounts on a HW100KT?

And forgive this naïve question: do all scope mounts (ie; low/medium/high) mount to standardized heights?

Many thanks,
    J

BKL-303L is about one of the lowest 30mm mounts. I use them on my Connect on my Rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack OByte View Post
    Morning All,
    I've just got my hands on a nice new VC 3-12x24 and thought I could use my existing high mounts but they are WAY too high for it! (but fine for my nighteater 10-50x60).
    I'd like to mount it as low as possible, can anyone tell me if I can use low mounts on a HW100KT?

And forgive this naïve question: do all scope mounts (ie; low/medium/high) mount to standardized heights?

Many thanks,
    J
    There was a query about this not long back. I'm guessing it's the connect with one scope ring that's thinner than the other?

I will find the post and link it here.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hlight=Connect

Hi BigHit,
    Thanks but I'm able to use two "normal" mounts in front of the turrets. The BKLs that Hammy suggests will fit fine so I just need to know if the low mounts will work or if I need to go for mediums.
    Cheers,
    J

Hi BigHit,
    Thanks but I'm able to use two "normal" mounts in front of the turrets. The BKLs that Hammy suggests will fit fine so I just need to know if the low mounts will work or if I need to go for mediums.
    Cheers,
    J
    Your welcome . It depends on how you want to set it up I guess .

Hope you find what your looking for .
    Paul

Hi BigHit,
    Cheers,
    J
    I had the same set up as yours and used medium mount hawkes with the connect as I don’t think you can get low 30 mm mounts for dove rail ? Only for 25mm scopes or 30mm low are available for weaver rail .i am sure someone will correct me if wrong !
    Last edited by nuggs; 30-03-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Hi Jack,

I've got the same combination with medium Sportsmatch mounts see here https://imgur.com/4xELMCn they were the lowest I could conveniently find when I looked a few years back but that may well be different today. I've just put a ruler on it and best guess is 13.5mm between top of rail/body and bottom of scope tube. I would guess you could shave 4 or 5 mm off this with the right mount. One thing I've noticed with this setup is if you are at a mag of under around 7-8x with the wide field of view you see a lot of the silencer in your view, if you mount lower this will be more obvious still. However as the FoV is so large I find I shoot on higher magnification than I would with a more conventional scope.

Hope this is of some help,

Tom
    Last edited by sevorg; 30-03-2018 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added some more detail

Those look decently low Tom, I was thinking of going for the ones Hammy suggested...low and 30mm ;
    https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pr...w-scope-rings/
    J

Those look decently low Tom, I was thinking of going for the ones Hammy suggested...low and 30mm ;
    https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pr...w-scope-rings/
    J
    Those look like the standard medium mounts in the picture, but I bought some of the BKL 30mm low mounts for my Pulsar, and they are as low as you can get out of any mount I could find. Though they look lower than the similar 1" from BKL, they are set up to give the same scope optical centre height.

Yes, they are the standard medium offering, quite low but I agree, the BKL do look to get you even lower.

Thanks for your input folks,
    I bought a set of low Nikko Stirling 2 Piece from JSR. My thought was that at £9 I could buy a quality set once I decide on the height I need.
    Just used them paper-punching for an hour and I'm not sure if I actually NEED to buy a "quality" set cos the scope sits at a nice height and the mounts seem well made (to me...so far...).
    J