Thread: valuation please for Diana model 10

valuation please for Diana model 10

As above please, pistol is in good condition with a LH target grip (untouched), original case and with what appears to be test card .
    Serial 03345, .177 calibre.
    Sorry ,bit of a technophobe and can`t do pictures.
    Thanks
    John

I think they go for about 200-300 depending on con and completeness
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks for that.
    Saw one for sale a little while ago on here? for £275 but not sure what it actually sold for, and of course this is LH which does narrow the market.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by perlin View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Saw one for sale a little while ago on here? for £275 but not sure what it actually sold for, and of course this is LH which does narrow the market.
    John
    Normally around 240-270 good condition wth new seals boxed.

But maybe a bit less with a left hand grip as a buyer would have to think of resale value

There should be a tiny date stamp on the side of the cyclindet right at the back.
    (If it has a rotating plastic shroud on the back it’s under that)

Cheers,
    Matt.

It also depends if it is the mark 1 or the mark 2.

The mark 1 can be easily identified as it has the eccentric cam that can be rotated to give the best fit under the thumb web part of the hand.

The later models only had a simple tube here but also had a barrel weight that was held onto the underside of the plastic cocking sleeve by two self tapping screws!

The rotating plastic collar that is used to make cocking the pistol more comfortable is prone to break - and these are no longer available as a replacement part!!

Model 10 and 6M pistols that have this plastic part that is either damaged or broken would now be more (very) difficult to sell at any price so this needs to be checked carefully before any accurate valuation can be given.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for the info Matt, it does have the plastic rotating shroud but not sure how that will come off (and I would probably never get it back together )
    At least I now have a better idea of its worth
    Thanks
    John

Thanks zooma, looks like its a Mk1 and has no visible damage to the cocking lever.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by perlin View Post
    Thanks for the info Matt, it does have the plastic rotating shroud but not sure how that will come off (and I would probably never get it back together )
    At least I now have a better idea of its worth
    Thanks
    John
    If you remove the rear sight you can rotate the collar till you can read the date,
    Not necessary for selling by purposes though

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    If you remove the rear sight you can rotate the collar till you can read the date,
    Not necessary for selling by purposes though

Matt.
    If it is a mark 1 it will not have the piece of half pipe behind the rear sight it will have a machined alloy eccentric cam.

The date stamp on mine were along the side of the cylinder on the left hand side infront of the eccentric cam (or piece of tube if it is a mark 2).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If it is a mark 1 it will not have the piece of half pipe behind the rear sight it will have a machined alloy eccentric cam.

The date stamp on mine were along the side of the cylinder on the left hand side infront of the eccentric cam (or piece of tube if it is a mark 2).
    I think he said it was plastic.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, just needed a guide price which I got.
    Much appreciated
    John