Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlueStreak c9 (I beleive ) assistance/advice please

BlueStreak c9 (I beleive ) assistance/advice please

Evening all,
    Hopefully in the right section but if not please feel free to slap me on the wrist and move it to the appropriate area.

Despite my plans to leave it til last I couldn't resist starting to go thru the Sheridan bits from my little haul today. After a good google I found an old strip down guide, well sort of, and it would appear I'm missing a couple of tiny parts from the probe assembly ( can't work out exactly what they are tho ) and I seem to be in need of a replacement hammer/striker......Also I noticed from the guide that my hammer and trigger only have one point of engagement rather than two pictured in the article.

wondered if anyone in the know could have a look thru the pics linked below and give an expert opinion to confirm whether I'm right or wrong and maybe point out anything else I may be missing or should look out for.

https://imgur.com/a/ai03Q

I'm still debating whether I could do this rifle justice by rebuilding but that may be decided by any comments of wisdom here.

TIA

TTFN
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

it's an earlier c series ,can't make out the numbers on the breech but going by the breech top and bolt handle it's late 60's very early 70's
    hammer looks correct and looks like you need a new bolt lug which you'll need to get from US and I can't remember thread size on them(I do have it written down somewhere) also missing the ball and spring from the bolt

Thanks for that. Serial No is 7691H from what I can see. You reckon it’s worth persevering with or are parts gonna be a mission to get?
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Quote Originally Posted by gizwaz View Post
    Thanks for that. Serial No is 7691H from what I can see. You reckon it’s worth persevering with or are parts gonna be a mission to get?
    Well worth sorting.

A competent engineer should be able to make the bolt lug.

All the best Mick

Being totally frank it’s not something that really appeals to me so I don’t know if I can be bothered with the hassle of putting the effort into Something that doesn’t float my boat, so to speak. What kind of value does it hold as is against rebuilt and working? ( I’m fully aware it’s never gonna be a 10/10, lol) seeing as all this came about after mentioning I was after an Airsporter maybe I’d be better off selling it on and concentrating my efforts on the 1/2 airsporter I have or seeing if I can work a deal with someone.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    £30 vs £130 Almost certainly worth more parted out on e6ay, if you can be bothered to post all the bits
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

if your thinking of selling on I'd be interested in it as it stands

And if Ped doesn’t buy it, should you sell, I would.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

The serial number format is the year marked backwards followed by the month coded alphabetically -- so yours from August 1967.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    The serial number format is the year marked backwards followed by the month coded alphabetically -- so yours from August 1967.
    Hi Allan

I've a Blue streak which is Serial #769111 so I presume it's date is November 1967..

I also have a Silver Streak that's Serial #500229, I've no idea how to work that one out!

Anyone any idea how to work out the age of the SS please?

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Allan

I've a Blue streak which is Serial #769111 so I presume it's date is November 1967..

I also have a Silver Streak that's Serial #500229, I've no idea how to work that one out!

Anyone any idea how to work out the age of the SS please?

Cheers, John
    Hi John

Yep, November 1967.

500229 is (courtesy of Sheridan Classic American Air Rifles by U J Backus) from 1987 production.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Hi John

Yep, November 1967.

500229 is (courtesy of Sheridan Classic American Air Rifles by U J Backus) from 1987 production.
    Many thanks Allan

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

themariners Guest

Lovely those

Great looking guns what wood is the stock

Walnut as far as I'm aware, and not in bad condition for it's age either....

Ped, please clear your inbox.