Thread: Weihrauch HW 90 !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Weihrauch would be making their own I would assume .Any one could make one its just machined parts and seals. Not the sealed ram like the conversion kits .

stripped one here https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/47205-HW90-Issues
    Yes, thats plausable, gas rams could be made by other parties right enough !
    Did the HW 90 have "Theoben" stamped on the breech block side or have I maybe seen that on Theoben TB versions ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yes, thats plausable, gas rams could be made by other parties right enough !
    Did the HW 90 have "Theoben" stamped on the breech block side or have I maybe seen that on Theoben TB versions ?

only the Theoben ones . I think it said HW90TB. had a look on google but can find any that say it . one on free ad's just now

.Edit

Extra hole in the breech block was for the FAC version of the HW90. It had a different piston and longer cocking link from what i'm lead to believe .
    Last edited by bighit; 31-03-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    My regular 90 has the stamped on the block.

The (30 year ?) gas ram patent expired a while ago, so anyone can make 'em now - which is probably why Gamo, Benjamin, Crosman and everyone else is doing so...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Extra hole in the breech block was for the FAC version of the HW90. It had a different piston and longer cocking link from what i'm lead to believe .
    yeah longer stroke
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah longer stroke
    I read on here from Ben Taylor that they did that to got to fac levels and it was posted here. I queried it with weihrauch who then told me to read a page in the manual on how to get it to fac and it only said to pump more air in.

I then told them what Ben said here and they then asked for the serial number of the rifle.

I told them it was just a general question and they have not replied.

Is there different barrels on newer ones that only have the one hole and to get to say 20ftlbs is just a case of pumping it up

Where as the older one as you say is a longer stroke ?

It would be good to settle this .
    Last edited by bighit; 01-04-2018 at 10:14 AM.