After visiting today one of my hunting permissions for the first time since my brain surgery 3months ago, although I have 17rifles to choose from ( a lot of them are shite) I enevitably picked up my bsa ultra Mmc .177 tactical, single shot, topped with a Nikko Stirling 1.5-5 mre scope and bisley magnum combo. I only managed an hour before my legs started to buckle but managed two 46 and a 35yard head shot jackdaws in the cattle shed. I've used this little wonder for the last 4years on my four shoots bagging more than any other rifle in the last 40 years of hunting, including a 20 year hunting ownership with a rws45 and only beaten by my 3shot semi auto shotty in my land fill pest control days. From a 10 yard rat (last week) to two 64yard Maggies last year (same tree) to a 110 jackdaws in the last 13months and rabbits and woodies and squirrels, the ultra is clinical and probably the best hunting combo for me. It's light but has enough weight for steady standing shots, mega accurate barrel, lovely trigger and near limit power, virtually silent to cock, when you catch the probe on release, very quiet discharge with my porky moderator, enough shots/fill for most hunting outings. The scope though sadly discontinued suits the gun well and has been on top since buying the gun.
What's your best hunting combo and why?