Thread: Eley Ventus & Other 'Match' Pellets : Estimation of Pellet Weight Variance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bob,

The 0.22" pellets I have weighed ( in lots of 100) are :

Air Arms Diablo Field - Stated 16 gr., actual average 15.9 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo RS - Stated 13.4 gr., actual average 13.4 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo Express - Stated 14.4 gr., actual average 14.3 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo Exact - Stated 15.9 gr., actual average 15.9 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.7 gr.)

(The results are in the spreadsheet I sent you.)

I have still not heard back from JSB with regards to their 'optimistic' weight tolerance claim for their Premium line of pellets - they state +/- 1 mg., I found spreads of 6 to 7 mg.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

The 0.22" pellets I have weighed ( in lots of 100) are :

Air Arms Diablo Field - Stated 16 gr., actual average 15.9 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo RS - Stated 13.4 gr., actual average 13.4 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo Express - Stated 14.4 gr., actual average 14.3 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.5 gr.)

JSB Jumbo Exact - Stated 15.9 gr., actual average 15.9 gr., (heaviest - lowest = 0.7 gr.)

(The results are in the spreadsheet I sent you.)

I have still not heard back from JSB with regards to their 'optimistic' weight tolerance claim for their Premium line of pellets - they state +/- 1 mg., I found spreads of 6 to 7 mg.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks Russ,

Information of this type for .22 pellets is much more difficult to come by than it is for .177 pellets.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Webley doesnt make its own pellets. Never has. They were and are all rebranded.
    I used Lazapell (FTT) and Lazadome (JSB iirc) for a while. Only difference was those were said to be lubed.
    So just look up their counterparts.
    Dunno what the counterparts are of the recent Webley pellets but no doubt you can google it and find out
    ATB,
    yana