Thread: Umarex Legends 'revolvers'...

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....

Umarex Legends 'revolvers'...

I've been looking for a CO2 pistol for Mrs Bob and came across the Umarex Legends revolvers, specifically the S25 which is the short barrelled model.

Has anyone used this range (short or longer barrel) and what do you think to them? Good/bad, pros/cons?

Any info would be appreciated, cheers
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    The Dan Wesson 2.5" or 4" barrel range of revolvers are infinitely superior, and for not a lot more coin, so physically check them out before committing to a lighter, less authentic feeling, lesser quality (imo) inferior version of the exact same gun (and I'll bet you end up getting one for yourself when you see it, too, lol ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth. I have seen the Dan Wesson stuff (albeit only online) and preferred the 'look' of the Umarex versions. That said, I'll try and get hands on first especially if you reckon the quality is better.

Thanks mate, hope you're keeping well.

P.S. I know I'll want one too but prefer the next size up. Unfortunately I'm building my air rifle collection a bit first, so I'll have to 'borrow' hers
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Dan Wesson 715 would be your better option. They're just like the real Dan Wesson revolvers (one of which I used to own).
    The 715 is a completely different animal to the earlier "Dan Wesson" CO2 guns.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post

Dan Wesson 715 would be your better option. They're just like the real Dan Wesson revolvers (one of which I used to own).
    The 715 is a completely different animal to the earlier "Dan Wesson" CO2 guns.
    But imho, the 715s don't have the same aesthetics as the Traditional Dan Wesson Co2 revolvers -- especially when comparing the 2.5" barrel derrivatives -- and as they weigh the same, and shoot remarkably similarly (but I do concede the 715s do have the edge), as a large chunk of any Co2 pistol ownership is, for me, down to the aforementioned aesthetics, I'll still continue to champion the trad nickel DS 2.5" over the 715, so nerrrr.

... but ultimately all the DS Co2 revolvers are great, so ya pays ya money, and ya makes ya choice. ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    The 715's have one big difference over the earlier models & that's the grip. It does look a bit odd but believe me it is amazingly comfortable to hold. They are solid with a rubbery texture to them, a far cry from the thin plastic ones on the earlier DW's. I owned a 6" 715 but sold it on as I found it too muzzle heavy. It was replaced with a 2.5" version that has a lovely balance. Just my take on them.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thanks for the replies gents, I'll hold on for a DW then...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    But imho, the 715s don't have the same aesthetics as the Traditional Dan Wesson Co2 revolvers -- especially when comparing the 2.5" barrel derrivatives -- and as they weigh the same, and shoot remarkably similarly (but I do concede the 715s do have the edge), as a large chunk of any Co2 pistol ownership is, for me, down to the aforementioned aesthetics, I'll still continue to champion the trad nickel DS 2.5" over the 715, so nerrrr.

... but ultimately all the DS Co2 revolvers are great, so ya pays ya money, and ya makes ya choice. ...
    When it comes to aesthetics, I'll go for the one that actually looks like the revolver it's trying to imitate, and as far as I can tell, the 715 is a very good replica. The earlier models look like what they are; a CO2 gun.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post

When it comes to aesthetics, I'll go for the one that actually looks like the revolver it's trying to imitate, and as far as I can tell, the 715 is a very good replica. The earlier models look like what they are; a CO2 gun.
    Hmmmm. Having held and used one of the 'real deals' back in the days when it was legal to do so, and having recently held a legally deactivated version of one of the 'real deals' too, I couldn't disagree with you more (but each to his own, as we all like what we like, which is why manufacturers provide we consumers with choices ). Atb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hmmmm. Having held and used one of the 'real deals' back in the days when it was legal to do so, and having recently held a legally deactivated version of one of the 'real deals' too, I couldn't disagree with you more (but each to his own, as we all like what we like, which is why manufacturers provide we consumers with choices ). Atb: G.
    Really? I used to own a Dan Wesson Pistol Pack, and had it for many years. On Sunday I had the chance to examine a DW 715 CO2 revolver and was very impressed with the weight and feel of it. Everything seemed very much like the revolver I had, right down to the "Pachmeyer" style grips.