Thread: Walther LG300 XT Alutec Protouch For Sale

Walther LG300 XT Alutec Protouch For Sale

Excellent 10 meter target rifle for sale. Please see for sale section for details and photographs.

I was lucky enough to buy this ProTouch and it has become the latest member of our clubs growing fleet of LG300XT match rifles.

At some point (before its previous owner) this rifle gained an FWB rubber butt plate that was not adjustable for positional height and restricted the adjustment options, and unfortunately the correct MEC Contact 3 was “lost” (probably sold or fitted to another rifle?).

Another Contact 3 will be found and this ProTouch will join the other LG300XT Anatomical (s), LG300XT Carbontec and LG300XT rifles that are already in regular action in the RMTC Club.

The Walther PCP rifles have become the most popular 10 metre match rifles in our club and for good reason!
    Last edited by zooma; 27-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

interested

Quote Originally Posted by Willsinker View Post
    Excellent 10 meter target rifle for sale. Please see for sale section for details and photographs.
    Hi - can you contact me with details. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dalwhinie View Post
    Hi - can you contact me with details. Thanks.
    As mentioned in the thread before yours, I bought the rifle and it is now in use at RMTC.

The (excellent) seller of the rifle bought it and used it with the FWB rubber butt pad that had already been fitted by a previous owner. The Contact 3 had been removed before he bought it - maybe the owner before him found the rubber butt pad more comfortable and did not need the adjustments that the Contact 3 offers?

The rifle is in really nice condition and despite having had three previous owners from new it shows no real signs of any wear and tear other than the edges of the hand rest where the silver paint had rubbed slightly through to the white undercoat in a couple of small areas (nit picking here), but I would have thought this would be "normal" as a gloved hand would rub against the painted edge and as it is easy to touch-up with Mercedes Bright Silver from a Halford rattle can it is not a problem.

I wanted to return the rifle to its full specification so I bought and fitted a new Contact 3 butt plate. I was also lucky to have a fellow club member who had a spare ProTouch hand rest in perfect condition so with this also fitted, the rifle now looks "like new" and is a very smart example of an LG300XT ProTouch.

The original hand rest can now be "touched-up" with some fresh silver paint to also look like new, so the rifle now has a spare one in reserve ready for when (or if) the painted edge should wear though in the future - quite an extravagance!

With the Contact 3 in place the rifle has regained it's full range of adjustments and it shoots every bit as good as it looks.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-04-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.