Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Beretta

Umarex Beretta

Hi guys what do you know about the m92fs pistol in .177 ?

Well made, reasonably accurate, I found the grip a bit big for my hands and I’ve not got small hands.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

I've got the 92A1.

When I field stripped it I did not notice a small lever which fell out. Once back together it went full auto!

It was terrific fun but illegal.

I had to study the diagram when I stripped it again - it was then I noticed the missing part. I searched around with a magnet over the workshop floor and found the errant bit which I put back.

It is now fully legal again (only fired off the first magazine before repairing it).

I like the blowback of the A1 but can understand the desire for the greater accuracy of the FS.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkapaul View Post
    Hi guys what do you know about the m92fs pistol in .177 ?

Up for sale if you are interested...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ta-92fs-pistol

I have been unimpressed by the real Beretta 92 series. Mediocre trigger, high bore line, poor durability, big for what it is and does.

By contrast, I like the Umarex 92FS as a CO2 pistol. The trigger is as good as any Umarex pellet shooter, with the exception of the CP88 double action and the S&W SA. I find it easy to shoot accurately and quickly.

Grip is a bit chunky (and a poor replica of the original 9mm pistol's grip) but fine with my slightly long-fingered medium (size 8.5) hands. The weight helps.

As a shooting tool, I slightly prefer it to the Umarex 1911, C225 or CP99.

I have recently acquired three Umarex pellet 92s.
    I don’t know why really as I’m not a Beretta fan.

I’m lying,two of them were cheap.

But I shot one yesterday and it was fun.
    The previous owner had put a silencer adapter on it and I added my Huggett Belitta.
    Accurate ,good power and hilariously quiet.

You think it’s not working until the can jumps in the air.

They are also fixable which helps.
    Not by me tho -thanks Baz.

Pistol pleasure

Well after getting new parts for the safety I thought no time like the present so took out the old safety ,easy knew there would be a spring and possibly a small ball bearing so had a small magnet to hand for holding the small bits securely , replaced the largest of the two pieces put in the spring and a well greased ball bearing on to and with fingernail pressure started to lower the spring and ball bearing in place when all of a sudden POW the ball bearing aided by a compressed spring shot out from under my nail ricocheting around my workshop never to be seen again, or so I thought so ordered another as being so small I had nothing in my collection of bits like it.
    So a few days have passed and being the weekend not expecting a delivery until next week, made sure all the parts were safely put to one side and doing something totally unrelated I needed to get a pair of steps to reach a jar of screws from on top of a cupboard and low and behold shining in the sunlight coming through the window was the tiny ball bearing stuck by the grease that I had applied so as to lubricate it and cleverly thinking it would stay in place until it was finally where it belonged ,Well that will teach me, anyway not making that mistake again I used the magnet on the shaft of an electrical screwdriver and hey presto job done, big smiley face.
    And now a very happy hour passed new co2 cylinder tin of Air Arms Superdome .177 pellets a target placed at the end of the workshop with a piece of padding on top of the steps I proceeded to have an immense amount of fun plinking and was pleasantly surprised to hit my target repeatedly, what a lovely pistol looks and feels like a proper pistol should.

After repairing a few dozen of these I have developed my own way of re-assembly, requiring a tiny quantity of thick grease, a tiny dob of contact glue and a foot of dental floss ! I can now put them together in 4 or 5 minutes. The main repair I get is to reform the shape of the "pressure plate" (BK233) which causes the capsules to leak at the top.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    After repairing a few dozen of these I have developed my own way of re-assembly, requiring a tiny quantity of thick grease, a tiny dob of contact glue and a foot of dental floss ! I can now put them together in 4 or 5 minutes. The main repair I get is to reform the shape of the "pressure plate" (BK233) which causes the capsules to leak at the top.

Baz
    Did think a dab of super glue then I thought if it shot in my eye might take a serious amount care getting it removed safely.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkapaul View Post
    Did think a dab of super glue then I thought if it shot in my eye might take a serious amount care getting it removed safely.
    The safety spring and ball are no problem to assemble. The glue is for the trigger lock spring which can be an unstable problem on assembly.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

The previous owner had put a silencer adapter on it and I added my Huggett Belitta.

What on earth are you doing buying cheap 92fs Patrick!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The safety spring and ball are no problem to assemble. The glue is for the trigger lock spring which can be an unstable problem on assembly.

Baz
    Never mind the glue, what's the dental floss for??
    The 92FS is the only one I haven't had apart (or owned), always up for hearing new tricks.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    What on earth are you doing buying cheap 92fs Patrick!
    No idea.
    You started it!

No idea.
    You started it!
    Ha ha very true!

Someone once described it as 'The Brick' (IIRC it was Gingernut ), that is a very good description, and as others have said, the grip is big and blocky (on a par with a Webley Nemesis!).

I sold one last year, on testing it prior to boxing it up I thought - actually this shoots pretty good! That was the modern matt 'black' finish (the one with the weird green tinge), the original gloss black ones looked better.

I bought another yesterday! The new comer is a nice Nickel one with wood grips.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.