Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should HW discontinue the Hw80 look and replace it with

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Should HW discontinue the Hw80 look and replace it with

The old type American R1 look ? would it be more expensive ? I would pay extra, would anyone else

Personally I would. I have a Beeman stock on my hw 30 and it improves the look considerably.

Always puzzled me why they didn't just use the 77 stock pattern. Perhaps Bob Beeman had a say in things?

Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    Always puzzled me why they didn't just use the 77 stock pattern. Perhaps Bob Beeman had a say in things?
    The R1 was the first incarnation of the 80 therefore was out a few years before the 77 appeared

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Yes they got it right the first time. The 80 never looked as good as when it was an R1. The looks made it more powerful, when I lived in North Dakota I killed a moose with mine.

I mean a mousse. Chocolate, two weeks past its sell-by.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 01-04-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Yes they got it right the first time. The 80 never looked as good as when it was an R1. The looks made if more powerful, when I lived in North Dakota I killed a moose with mine.

I mean a mousse. Chocolate, two weeks past its sell-by.
    What cal .177 or .22 ??

I think if they were to offer upgrades to decent walnut stocks as a special order they would shift a lot more and probably at a premium meaning a better margin for them.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Nah! I think the Pro Elite look would be better

In all seriousness I've always loved the look of those type of stocks, granted not the best for scope use as a bit to low on the cheekpiece but the lines are just beautiful and classical looking, they look almost the same as the stocks on the BSA Challenger/Superstar/Goldstar and I'm damn sure they are made by the same company.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The Beeman look on an HW30 (with some refinishing)
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 02-04-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Yes or at least to should be an option.The R1 was available from MAG for a short time but I opted for the cheaper version at the time ,should have paid the extra but cash was short in this days.

In the US the 80 has had some different stock options with some nice laminates ,remember the Bavarian 80 with corn coloured laminate stock from 1986.

There are plenty of rifles that would benefit from attention to this area, though funnily enough, my FWB 127 does not offend my eye, unlike an 80!

They need to bring one out with a dedicated Scope height comb in that style, possibly a laminate option too.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    The R1 was the first incarnation of the 80 therefore was out a few years before the 77 appeared
    Indeed. But at the point they dropped the angled forend detail on the 80 stock they could have gone with the 77 pattern for both.

CapitalBee - that is stunning. Really bloody lovely.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    They need to bring one out with a dedicated Scope height comb in that style, possibly a laminate option too.
    Something along the lines of Walther Lgv pro stock would bring the Hw80 up to date, walnut would be ideal, laminate probably to heavy to carry around for a days shooting.
    Hw77+7