View Poll Results: Dear Air Arms, I'd love a break barrel springer.

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please.

67 81.71%
  • Yes but will it come with pie.

15 18.29%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who'd splash their cash if Air Arms promised to make a break barrel?

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Who'd splash their cash if Air Arms promised to make a break barrel?

Hi all,

As we all know it gets mentioned on here a few times a year about a long overdue break barrel that Air Arms should be making for us springer lovies, now if Air Arms promised to make a break barrel springer if they got enough orders, who would seriously dip their hands in their pocket if the opportunity arose?

Please only reply if you would 'splash the cash', I've made it a poll as well so we can see at a glance who would have one.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I'm in; yes please!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    If it looked something like a Prosport with a quality walnut stock minus the daft fishscale nonsence but had proper diamond chequering on the pistol grip and fore end and had rosewood or ebony capping on either AND a left hand option then I would spend the necessaries !
    Open sights not necessary but a built in moderator would be good.
    I'll leave the internal spec to the techies on here who know more about such stuff than I but I trust in their wisdom on these matters as I only shoot the bloody things !

I suppose I should ask , just how much does "splash the cash" amount to ...£500, £700, £900 or more ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Provided it was designed to work optimally at around 12 ft-lbs, YES.

Ideally:

- 13" or carbine barrel option;
    - walnut stock;
    - proper checkering, not that fish-scale silliness.

But, basically, yes. An AA version of a Webley Longbow, please.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Ideally:

- 13" or carbine barrel option;
    - walnut stock;
    - proper checkering, not that fish-scale silliness.

But, basically, yes. An AA version of a Webley Longbow, please.
    Now you're talking, as already mentioned, Prosport looks including bull barrel silencer seamlessly flowing into a Longbow style rounded off breech block and lovely skip line checkering without the scrolly nonsence.

Heaven, I can hear the cash register ringing already

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, if:
    - sensible weight (Hw95 ish)
    - sensible barrel length (12-14")
    - rear piston bearings
    - max 25mm comp tube bore (like a TX, but smaller = better)
    - stroke optimised for 12 FP
    - sensible port dimensions
    - CD or other decent trigger
    - TX price (say £400 max)

Until then I'll stick with my sleaved down Pro Elite, which ticks all the above boxes except for the mass - it's a bit too big and heavy for 12Fp really.
    Trouble is a stroked HW95K also comes close, so AA would have to make the most of the bearings / stroke / comp tube dia to provide competition.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Believe it or not, Geez, they have already played with this as an idea and, I assume, shelved it. But, if they can see positive, genuine interest, you never know........

When I first got my CZ Slavia 634 (about three years ago, I think), when I stripped it I thought how reminiscent of the AA seal the piston seal was (although I think Gamo might be similar, too?) and how cute it was that it had a synthetic ring at the rear of the piston, too.

Now, about a year after this, a very nice chap brought along a prototype of an Air Arms break barrel from a few years ago to a Boinger Bash. As soon as I saw it I knew what it was. Luckily, I had my CZ there so we could compare them side by side. The prototype was based on a lower model CZ (maybe the 631?) but with the CD trigger unit grafted on.

So they've certainly put quite some thought and effort in already. The gun would need to have a more "solidly built" feel than that prototype displayed and top-end features and finish, like the TX and Prosport. But if they do it, and do it right, it would be excellent and a top seller.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Not really fussed about the cost but he'll yeah...
    Providing it had walnut, incredible deep bluing, shot smoothly, consistently and didn't need after market bits to make it work properly. Oh and nicely finished, not sharp edges on the metalwork like some last minute on a Friday kind of thing we are paying for with the big hitters at present.

Yarp!!!!!!!!!

Realistically I reckon that IF this project were to have any credence, then Air Arms would be looking further than the "little old UK market" and would set its sites firmly on the US dollar pool !
    If that were to be the case, then I would take the "Beeman approach" and design the rifle to be upgraded to a possible FAC spec in terms of power option much in the way that the HW 80 was born in the days of your !
    “An airgun or two”………

I'd buy one

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    I'd buy one
    Nice one Daz
    Summed it up in three words !
    “An airgun or two”………

I voted yes,Blackrider's and Geezer's description of the new gun sounds about right.
    I have the Pro/Elite already with the sleeved down internals and if the new gun could shoot as nice ,it would be perfect imo.
    Les..

Put me down for one

Yes I would.
    I have 3 nice rifles that haven't been used for years. The truth is all I want is a left handed prosport.
    I have a .177 walnut left hand tx200
    .22 walnut left hand tx200 hc v-mach
    .177 hw95 v-mach with barrel weight
    And my old 35 from when I was about 13 ( long long time ago which has had 30 times the amount of pellets ALL my others have seen together.

I want one springer which I pick up and enjoy.
    Picked up my standard .177 tx last week which hasn't been shot in 5 years and was amazed how nice it shot.

I've sent many drunken emails to AA asking about a left handed prosport knowing when I could of had one I chaged my mind for a tx.

I'm thinking of selling them all and putting the money towards a galahad or hw100.

Chris