Thread: The World's 2018 (mud wrestling championships)

The World's 2018 (mud wrestling championships)

What an Easter treat that was, kinda knew it would be a little muddy but was not expecting that
    Alpha course was a mud fest fit for a pig, Bravo sticky as toffee meant fighting just to peel your mat off the ground
    Organisers did a great job with such short notice & things ran well, some rounds went on for little longer but no way could timings be worked out that well so was to be expected. Moving away from 2 minutes to take your shot to 1 minute made a lot of difference & would be a good format to keep, maybe get people used to it by using that in Southern Hunters & SiHFT, just an idea.

A 'speed shoot' on that scale didn't suit everyone & I expect it may show to the more experienced among us.
    I shot crap I have to admit but seeing my lad handle those conditions & not sat all weekend on a console made it all worth while.

Congrats to Simon Vant for a well deserved win & to all the other top shots & competitors.
    Thanks to Andy Hope as our 3rd & very good shooting mate, well done.
    Moving the event to June would be a fantastic proposition & the Kelmarsh Show as a whole will probably benefit as well with the better weather.
    Would I do that again in those conditions...bloody right I would

A few photos in the link below.
    Atb to everyone involved & thanks for a great event.
    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...UM17j2OSryNC7x
    Last edited by EwanH; 03-04-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Well summed up.
    We didn't find the 1 minute rule too much of a problem. I did change my range finding technique slightly to rely more on the target history (as that was a bit quicker) but overall not an issue.

I came away from the day a bit miserable but that was mainly due to being on the verge of a migraine most of the day. I also didn't anticipate quite how much fluids I would need and ran out of water at the very beginning of my second shoot which didn't help either

But the main thing is we got to shoot 2 courses which otherwise wouldn't have been possible, so well done to the organisers for achieving that.
    I think next year has now been confirmed as a later shoot (June). Venue TBC

Photo link doesn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Photo link doesn't work for me
    Sorry Dan, new to sharing photos on my Googly account mate.
    Spoke to Pete Sparks & he did say the event & worlds would be June, I guess this will need a definitive answer in due course but fingers crossed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/27RYi4KUhwKoNyup1

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanH View Post
    Sorry Dan, new to sharing photos on my Googly account mate.
    Spoke to Pete Sparks & he did say the event & worlds would be June, I guess this will need a definitive answer in due course but fingers crossed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/27RYi4KUhwKoNyup1
    Crossed fingers worked
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member