Thread: HFT Pellets for Springers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just to add to the mix I have acquired a .22 HW97K recently.

This is only .22 of any type that I currently own and I am looking forward to making a direct accuracy performance comparison between the two age old traditional rival calibre's with the same type of rifle when using similar quality pellets in each.

I will also be trying to find the best performing .22 pellet in my HW97K as well as the overall best performing .177 pellet in my other HW97K so it could be very interesting.

My .22 pellet accuracy testing will start with JSB Exact, AA Diablo Field, RWS Superdome and Webley AccuPell. Along the way I have also picked up a tin of Brocock Super Hunter, PowaPell, and VMXPell, so I may as well add these to my accuracy testing too!

If anyone who has experience with any other .22 pellets that could be added to this accuracy testing list and would like to let me know I would be happy to try them too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

In my experience with HW .22 barrels you may find Webley Mosquito Express or Falcon Accuracy Plus worth a try. They're only available in 5.52mm.
    H&N FTT's are also worth comparing again start with 5.52 but other sizes are available. Weihrauch FT pellets are very similar if not identical, I'm pretty certain they are re-badged H&N FTT's.
    I also used to get good groups with Defiant 5.52mm, haven't yet tried the H&N version but they may well be good.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    In my experience with HW .22 barrels you may find Webley Mosquito Express or Falcon Accuracy Plus worth a try. They're only available in 5.52mm.
    H&N FTT's are also worth comparing again start with 5.52 but other sizes are available. Weihrauch FT pellets are very similar if not identical, I'm pretty certain they are re-badged H&N FTT's.
    I also used to get good groups with Defiant 5.52mm, haven't yet tried the H&N version but they may well be good.
    Thanks Tom (?) - I will give them a try too!

In 177 HW barrels, the H+N FTT seem to work more often than not.
    For 22, Superdomes are my first choice in most rifles, followed by accuracy plus. I have not found a rifle that likes JSB in 22.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    In 177 HW barrels, the H+N FTT seem to work more often than not.
    For 22, Superdomes are my first choice in most rifles, followed by accuracy plus. I have not found a rifle that likes JSB in 22.
    Thanks Geoff,

I have also had some good results with .22 Superdome, but I have also been advised that the JSB Express could be worth a try too!

I have a 77k and use H&N FTT, found them to be spot on
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more