Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying members on Here

Annoying members on Here

It seems to be a trend on here to ask will you post even when it clearly states Collection only.
    Then after pm's going to and fro deciding to do the buyer a favour by saying yes,even when it's a pain finding boxes packing material etc, Then the buyer decides He doesn't want to pay any postage.
    If the buyer really wants a gun then they should pay postage.

Ah the joys of private selling

Unfortunately they walk among us, looking for tyres to kick.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    It seems to be a trend on here to ask will you post even when it clearly states Collection only.
    Then after pm's going to and fro deciding to do the buyer a favour by saying yes,even when it's a pain finding boxes packing material etc, Then the buyer decides He doesn't want to pay any postage.
    If the buyer really wants a gun then they should pay postage.
    Don't see anything wrong if you want something saying "if you change your mind and post I will definitely take it", after all sellers do sometimes have a change of heart if the item does not sell. If you really want to sell something sometimes you need to be flexible even as you say "its a pain finding boxes".

I doubt anyone who has a firm offer of collection would decide to " do the buyer a favour" and post unless it suited their needs.

As regards postage, clearly its paramount to decide who is going to pay this at an early stage in the deal process so that it is not an issue later in the process.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

If the price is for collection then it's hardly rocket science that postage (if agreed to) will be on top.

Easy answer tell the buyer you will pack it & they can arrange for it to be collected by which ever firm they choose.

Cheeky

Buyer decides he wants it then asks me if I will post I say yes how much posted then when I tell him he tries to chip me down to price picked up. Cheeky I think.

Buyer decides he wants it then asks me if I will post I say yes how much posted then when I tell him he tries to chip me down to price picked up. Cheeky I think.
    cheeky?? more like taking the Michael

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Then let him come pick it up, if he's that desperate for it then he'll either pay postage or be at your door soon enough.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have had several good buyers off this site, but also time wasters.One agreed to buy gun, arranged to meet half way, then changed their mind on day of sale!

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If the price is for collection then it's hardly rocket science that postage (if agreed to) will be on top
    Agreed
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

You wouldnt have been any good in Life of Brians haggling scene !!!!

If you dont want to say no. If you later then say state you pay postage whatever you choose. If you aint happy...foxtrot oscar

I normally ask fornpostage. Happy to pay or haggle. The issue for me is the postie is or was a little thief so if 8t wasnt recorded or signed for...like as not it would never make it to me.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

And not forgetting buyers who posted that payment was made when it wasn't.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

ITS commonsense to me if the seller agrees to post something to me after agreement i
    will of course pay the postage as the seller is doing me the favour of posting , simples really!!!
    atb brian

Same could be said when you see something your after and the add says " no offers" so you stop looking at it ,then see It dropped in price or open to offers....

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Then let him come pick it up, if he's that desperate for it then he'll either pay postage or be at your door soon enough.

Pete
    Yup been there done that, 320 miles round trip....

I am pleasantly surprised how narrowly the remit of this thread has been cast. I can think of a few "annoying" members beyond their practice in the sales section. Probably including me.