Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Anorak

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Nice site but do you have Air Arms permission to use their logo? If not then you should remove it as it could get litigious.
    Thanks Turnup. They are aware of the site and I will be more than happy to remove it if requested so litigation is not a concern to me.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Suggest get it in writing - to a lawyer a verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on. Also they might actually require monetary compensation rather than simply remove it - this is potentially an IPR infringement or conceivably "passing off"
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

A good read mate, well done.
    Bob

Great Work bud, 10 out of 10.

Great work...Well Done

I look forward to the Springer section, esp the Pro-Elite.

Cheers Steve

Good site . Noticed an error though .

The demise of the company left NSP with a large quantity of parts for the Jjackal range and the company owner, Bob Nicholls, decided that they would continue production of the rifles and sell them direct to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacowboy View Post
    A good read mate, well done.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wetdog View Post
    Great Work bud, 10 out of 10.
    Very generous - plenty to still be added as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Great work...Well Done

I look forward to the Springer section, esp the Pro-Elite.

Cheers Steve
    I've been working on the side-levers over the last couple of days and will hopefully have the write up finished on Sunday. I'm struggling a bit on photos though as only have a Hi-Power.

ANY SIDE LEVER RIFLE PHOTOS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Good site . Noticed an error though .

The demise of the company left NSP with a large quantity of parts for the Jjackal range and the company owner, Bob Nicholls, decided that they would continue production of the rifles and sell them direct to the public.
    Thanks and i have removed the extra j - thanks for taking the time for reading and letting me know.

jackals lair website

The jackals-lair website is still up & running (well I can get into it anyway) - the person who created it was VERYBIGMIKE, but I see he hasn't updated it for a while (he is always travelling).

There is no way he has sold all his rifles either, because if he had, he would have let me know he had now retired !

regards
    Andy

You boinger fans will be pleased to hear I've now added 2 new pages covering the numerous Air Arms side-levers. One page covers the period from 1982 to 1985 and the other 1985-1991.

Their are also quite a few new photo in the gallery.

I could still do with some nice Air Arms side-levers photos if anyone can help.

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/

This looks really, really, good, and great pics.

As a nerd/smartarse, part of me wanted to skim the bit on springers and then point out that you had not mentioned the Sharpshooters (of Eastbourne? somewhere like that) special editions, but, nope, they are in there. I came very close to buying one of their ALs, hampered only by the fact that I had no spare money at the time. So not that close, really.

If you could cover the pre-TX Ken Turner underlever one-offs, I think you'd be adding valuable content. Unless I have missed it, they have a mythic quality, but there is not that much definitive information out there about them.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Nice clear website. It would be interesting to dig into the history of the Jackals a bit, as they are allegedly larger copies of the Hammerli 400 series, and it is clear to see that the Jackal takes after the Hammerli 420 military style side-lever. Another rumour is that Hammerli, a Swiss/German make, supplied the barrels for the early Jackal series, so there may have been some technology transference there. Unlike the Hammerli the Jackals used 'O' rings as piston washers, which was a BSA innovation at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    This looks really, really, good, and great pics.

As a nerd/smartarse, part of me wanted to skim the bit on springers and then point out that you had not mentioned the Sharpshooters (of Eastbourne? somewhere like that) special editions, but, nope, they are in there. I came very close to buying one of their ALs, hampered only by the fact that I had no spare money at the time. So not that close, really.

If you could cover the pre-TX Ken Turner underlever one-offs, I think you'd be adding valuable content. Unless I have missed it, they have a mythic quality, but there is not that much definitive information out there about them.
    I had read about the S-AL version of the Combat before but not the Mistral version until I found a couple of old Sharpshooters ads - you are right that they were in Eastbourne.

The pre-TX Ken Turner under-levers would be nice to cover but, as you say, it is hard to find any hard info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Nice clear website. It would be interesting to dig into the history of the Jackals a bit, as they are allegedly larger copies of the Hammerli 400 series, and it is clear to see that the Jackal takes after the Hammerli 420 military style side-lever. Another rumour is that Hammerli, a Swiss/German make, supplied the barrels for the early Jackal series, so there may have been some technology transference there. Unlike the Hammerli the Jackals used 'O' rings as piston washers, which was a BSA innovation at the time.
    I was tempted to delve further into the Sussex Armoury Jackals but decided to stick with Air Arms - Mike at http://www.jackals-lair.com/ has covered them well.

Great read and very informative, thank you.

But.. Could you tone down the colours a bit? I still have after-images burned into my retina.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Thanks Nick.

I had expected someone to comment on the brightness sooner! It's based on the Air Arms colour scheme but I do agree it could do with a bit of toning down. I'll have another look at the colour scheme soon and hope the retina damage isn't permanent!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    [...]

I'd like to read about these too, but there is very little information available about them.

Not sure how many Ken made, but not that many, and they were not just TX style underlevers, but ProSport style hidden underlevers (like the Venom Mach 2) and break barrels too, all made from stainless steel with the "Venom Mach 1" trigger which was also designed by Ken when he worked for Venom.

From what I know most of these guns are now in US though.

I have a few articles from 1980's Airgun World and Airgunner, I'll see if I can dig them out and maybe Rotherham Owl could put them on his website as part of Air Arms history...