Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long range vermin, Again !

Long range vermin, Again !

I see a certain youtube channel are still promoting long range vermin shots. 75 yards ! Not my idea of selling the sport of airgunning.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I see a certain youtube channel are still promoting long range vermin shots. 75 yards ! Not my idea of selling the sport of airgunning.
    You are right Archie, here's some future thinking

http://bigthink.com/videos/richard-d...he-new-slavery

Agreed I get some people can shoot that distance but why not stalk in closer and test your skills that’s way too

Name and shame mate....if it's the ones from before then they must be stupid.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Go for it mate, we need to show people that we are not all idiots, showing stuff like that does us no favours. Rog

If it’s the YouTube video I just searched, then also shooting over a public footpath.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If it’s the YouTube video I just searched, then also shooting over a public footpath.

Yes, shooting near the footpath. I cannot say if he was unsighted to anybody walking, rather difficult to say. Definitely don`t think much to 75 yard shooting, and if you noticed he did not show the shot bird on video as he did the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntergreen View Post
    Agreed I get some people can shoot that distance ....
    With sub-12 rifles? I don't 'get' that at all, mainly because I've never met anyone who can do it under field conditions to the standard hunting requires.

I'm always up for re-education, mind, so if anyone knows anyone who can do it, please put them in touch and I'll gladly learn and apologise.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    With sub-12 rifles? I don't 'get' that at all, mainly because I've never met anyone who can do it under field conditions to the standard hunting requires.

I'm always up for re-education, mind, so if anyone knows anyone who can do it, please put them in touch and I'll gladly learn and apologise.
    You might have a long wait Terry. Rog

Yes, shooting near the footpath. I cannot say if he was unsighted to anybody walking, rather difficult to say. Definitely don`t think much to 75 yard shooting, and if you noticed he did not show the shot bird on video as he did the others.
    There's a lot on the tube mate....give us a clue
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

"Compatto Target Farm Yard Assult"

There's one there at 69m at 4.55 in.

He does advise checking zero because a 40 minute car journey can make it go off with the road vibration.
    Last edited by T 20; 10-04-2018 at 10:53 AM.

That`s the one. Good advice about checking zero. I don`t know whether a 40 minute car journey is going to throw the scope out though.

That just there is why we will all have licences soon.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    "Compatto target farm yard assault"

There's one there at 69m at 4.55 in.

He does advise checking zero because a 40 minute car journey can make it go off with the road vibration.
    Because of the BBS ban on pics or links to dead stuff I'd delete the link & just put in the title of the vid as I have done above.

Lets people find it without your breaking the rules

He's obviously a good shot but to me that's an irresponsible vid to post, no place for 50yd+ with sub 12fpe imo.
    Last edited by angrybear; 10-04-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Oh god nooooooo.....it's the VHTV muppets again.

FFS don't they ever learn?

Get some comments on there gents or else all the dim fanboys will think it's acceptable and those clowns will carry on digging our licensing early grave.