Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long range vermin, Again !

I really am struggling to figure out why I frequent these forums, all you get is mud slinging and slanging matches by people trying to compensate for their own inadequacies by belittling others...

Another thing that baffles me is the calibre of the people that get involved in these face slapping matches, sorry ‘Terry D’ but a man in your position should not be getting involved, what with being a mod n’all...

Admittedly we can’t all agree 100% of the time but all this whinging, bitching and back stabbing really is tiresome and disappointing...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    Chris, what's your point?

Energy required was sufficient.
    Accuracy - reliable tried and tested, accuracy that's proven was there.

The footpath runs parrel to the tree, I know this and I know the ground. I've also yet to see a walker up in a tree. Footpaths are regularly shot over with all types of firearms, this aspect is something you both need to know the ground and to be there at the time to pass judgement on, your not in possession of all the facts and are making opinions on the unknown to you.

No not everyone is capable of such a shot and am someone who isn't, how ever Si is. I also didn't see him recommending everyone else try.

If you don't like the VHTV videos then why are you watching them and even raising posts on it to debate?
    Is it just jealousy and some sort of complex you have sat behind your computer? From what I've seen your got a real issue with VHTV and just sit waiting to have a moan or groan, surely you have better things to do ?

I think those who live in a dream world and lack experience and honesty are a bigger danger to our sport / hobby.

I also don't think your going to get far contacting sponsers, they are clearly supporters of VHTV in the first place.
    Well said mate

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    I really am struggling to figure out why I frequent these forums, all you get is mud slinging and slanging matches by people trying to compensate for their own inadequacies by belittling others...

Another thing that baffles me is the calibre of the people that get involved in these face slapping matches, sorry ‘Terry D’ but a man in your position should not be getting involved, what with being a mod n’all...

Admittedly we can’t all agree 100% of the time but all this whinging, bitching and back stabbing really is tiresome and disappointing...
    + one on that

There is another video of the same criminal element field testing the same rifle 4 months ago. So maybe he has had time to practice. Tell you what.... Bloody good shooting !!! Especially the chalk target. Impressive set up and consistent skill. Stop blustering and give the guy some credit. He is obviously very good at his job.

The Keyboard Warriors strike again nothing better to do comes to mind,
    not that many of them have one anyway!!!
    regards brian

I have to apologise for my little outburst last evening and in particular to 'Terry D' no disrespect meant sir, it's just that I don't come on this particular forum very often these days and the one time that I do venture on the first thread that I pick up on is somebody trying to 'bitch slap' somebody else for doing something that they personally don't agree with, I'd already come on here having taken a beating on the other forum and then to come on here and be faced with exactly the same thing 'well' it gets tedious to say the least !...

Anyway I apologise 'Terry' if I offended in any way, no disrespect meant sir...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Bit perplexed by the gun going off zero in the car. That's a strange one. If it was that loose a rig I'd be concerned with just carrying it around.

What would probably settle this is some un-editied video verified groupings at 75yds. Then we can see how consistent it is to shoot at that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by davyt63 View Post
    Hi Chris
    Muppets? Clowns ?
    Then why didn’t you say this to my face,at you club.
    I would listen to your feedback.

The Licensing is coming whether you like it or not.

Regards

Davy Thomas
    Did you introduce yourself to me as i would have said the same to your face (or Si's). No warrior here. What comp was it? Long range hunting with sub 12ftlb is wrong, posting on a platform for all to see is just stupid. Are we really going to dance the dance again?....the last time this cropped up there was overwhelming condemnation by the BBS members.

Quote Originally Posted by davyt63 View Post
    Hi Richard
    What ever we do in life,there are going to be those who disagree,you can’t please every one all the time.
    In regards to the long range shooting, Si is capable enough to do so, as long as conditions will allow.

Regarding footpaths I haven’t seen the footage,nor have I been to the farm.
    I believe we are due to meet up this week end to film some more footage of vermin shooting,with sub 12ftlb spring rifles.

I can get back to you regarding footpaths.

Regards

Davy Thomas
    Even though you replied to Rich i'd like to raise a point. Shooting high into the trees at long range. More chance of wind deflection and a miss.....where does the pellet land? All well and good until someone looses an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    Chris, what's your point?

Energy required was sufficient.
    Accuracy - reliable tried and tested, accuracy that's proven was there.

The footpath runs parrel to the tree, I know this and I know the ground. I've also yet to see a walker up in a tree. Footpaths are regularly shot over with all types of firearms, this aspect is something you both need to know the ground and to be there at the time to pass judgement on, your not in possession of all the facts and are making opinions on the unknown to you.

No not everyone is capable of such a shot and am someone who isn't, how ever Si is. I also didn't see him recommending everyone else try.

If you don't like the VHTV videos then why are you watching them and even raising posts on it to debate?
    Is it just jealousy and some sort of complex you have sat behind your computer? From what I've seen your got a real issue with VHTV and just sit waiting to have a moan or groan, surely you have better things to do ?

I think those who live in a dream world and lack experience and honesty are a bigger danger to our sport / hobby.

I also don't think your going to get far contacting sponsers, they are clearly supporters of VHTV in the first place.
    Honestly?...really? Then you don't know me and don't realise that those on this thread (and the last) know more about shooting in the wind than you,me, Si and Davy put together. They are saying the same as me. I fully expect (like last time) that the fan boys will be along but i'm just going to say this again. BTW i wasn't the OP.

LONG RANGE HUNTING WITH SUB 12ftlb IS WRONG.
    PUTTING THOSE SHOTS INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN IS STUPID.
    Last edited by ChrisC; 11-04-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I see that comments have been disabled on the original video.

Apologies that you feel that way but you seem to have totally misunderstood why these Youtube vids are commented on by the BBS. If we don't self-police then the Gov and Anti's will do it for us. Licensing might never happen (despite what Davy thinks) and if it does it won't really impact me as i have a gun cabinet, club and comps to show i have need of an air rifle. Licensing will more than likely impact all those (potentially millions) that like to plink at home....bit unfair dontcha think?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I see that comments have been disabled on the original video.
    Funny eh?. VHTV are fully aware from last time that the vast majority of sensible shooters wouldn't attempt to pull of those sort of shots, let alone post the evidence in the public domain. They have the potential for a damn good Youtube channel but it's spoiled by this single topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Apologies that you feel that way but you seem to have totally misunderstood why these Youtube vids are commented on by the BBS. If we don't self-police then the Gov and Anti's will do it for us. Licensing might never happen (despite what Davy thinks) and if it does it won't really impact me as i have a gun cabinet, club and comps to show i have need of an air rifle. Licensing will more than likely impact all those (potentially millions) that like to plink at home....bit unfair dontcha think?
    Here’s to hoping that licensing doesn’t happen although in some instances it might not be such a bad thing...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Here’s to hoping that licensing doesn’t happen although in some instances it might not be such a bad thing...
    Yes, i know what you mean and i'm a little bit on the fence when it comes to licensing. However i don't think it would remove the 'Chav' element getting hold of B2's in the same reasoning as banning handguns stopped gun crime.

I have to apologise for my little outburst last evening and in particular to 'Terry D' no disrespect meant sir, it's just that I don't come on this particular forum very often these days and the one time that I do venture on the first thread that I pick up on is somebody trying to 'bitch slap' somebody else for doing something that they personally don't agree with, I'd already come on here having taken a beating on the other forum and then to come on here and be faced with exactly the same thing 'well' it gets tedious to say the least !...

Anyway I apologise 'Terry' if I offended in any way, no disrespect meant sir...
    With respect, surely if the same arguments & objections are being voiced on more than one forum it should be quite a strong hint that the behaviour which has drawn the objections probably was unacceptable to begin with

Forgive my ignorance but who/what is this "other forum"

Funny eh?. VHTV are fully aware from last time that the vast majority of sensible shooters wouldn't attempt to pull of those sort of shots, let alone post the evidence in the public domain. They have the potential for a damn good Youtube channel but it's spoiled by this single topic.
    Chris the majority of shots arent capable so yes they dont take the shots. But again Si and his kit are proven more than capable and not just once but many times over. I can vouch this, I have shot with Si enough too make an informed decision. The channel is also a good channel and its theirs to do with what they wish not to conform to others opinions.

And who appointed you the Policing force to police things?

Again the shot was safe, there was sufficient energy to dispatch and finally there was the accuracy to complete the task in hand.

I also feel that Anti`s dont want anyone to have a gun of any kind under any circumstance, club, safe, comps or pest control are irrelevant to them. They simply have a fear of guns which to them covers everything from air pistols through to large calibre centre-fire. They would argue you have no NEED for a air weapon of any kind despite what you stated, they would have paint balling banned for fear of it glorifying violence and the same with airsoft.

Did you introduce yourself to me as i would have said the same to your face (or Si's). No warrior here. What comp was it? Long range hunting with sub 12ftlb is wrong, posting on a platform for all to see is just stupid. Are we really going to dance the dance again?....the last time this cropped up there was overwhelming condemnation by the BBS members.

Even though you replied to Rich i'd like to raise a point. Shooting high into the trees at long range. More chance of wind deflection and a miss.....where does the pellet land? All well and good until someone looses an eye.

Honestly?...really? Then you don't know me and don't realise that those on this thread (and the last) know more about shooting in the wind than you,me, Si and Davy put together. They are saying the same as me. I fully expect (like last time) that the fan boys will be along but i'm just going to say this again. BTW i wasn't the OP.

LONG RANGE HUNTING WITH SUB 12ftlb IS WRONG.
    PUTTING THOSE SHOTS INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN IS STUPID.
    No Chris I dont know you and I dont need to either and yes Honestly and Really.

The video shows a one shot, one kill so quite clearly the wind was assessed correctly.

"the last time this cropped up there was overwhelming condemnation by the BBS members" And who are the BBS members in the grand scheme of things. No insult to anyone but this sounds like some assumed governing body, not appointed, not voted and not official.

"Shooting high into the trees at long range. More chance of wind deflection and a miss.....where does the pellet land? All well and good until someone looses an eye." Yes more chance of wind deflection and so more requirement of skill, knowledge and understanding, but again this is something assessed by Si at the time, as I said your passing judgement on a situation that you weren't present at and you are not in possession of facts / knowledge. The pellet fall out is on the farm land of which Si has permission to shoot over.
    Someone loose an eye...... I would argue there's as much if not more chance of that coming about at a FT/HFT club shooting metal plates at close range.

Long range hunting (which is undefined distance currently) is fine as long as you have: 1. The energy required, 2. The repeatable accuracy to under take the shot. Si meets both of these requirements. 35yard max hunting range with a sub 12ftlb air rifle is absolute hog wash. Max hunting ranges are formed on: Equipment quality, Sufficient energy to not cause unnecessary suffering, Skill to deliver the shot and the weather conditions not a hard set fixed range.

So again Chris I ask, You appear to have an axe to grind. You know what you will see if you watch the VHTV video`s so why dont you stop watching them if you dont like what you see?
    Your moaning on here isn't going to stop it or alter it.

Long range shots are always going to be taken. Some by folk that shouldn't as them and their kit arent upto the job, but on the flip side of it they will also be successfully taken by those with the skill and kit to pull it off. Your not going to change it. Ironically I know of a fox shooter who has videos on youtube and produces DVD`s and attends gamefairs with a stand promoting what he does and he`s taken flack for shooting them too close.....
    With any hobby not just shooting you will get high performers who get criticism from those who cant match or come near so you will get the name calling and mud slinging.
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.