Thread: HW75 scope/red-dot mounting - advice please.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Question HW75 scope/red-dot mounting - advice please.

Hi All

I'm thinking of buying an HW75 for mix of plinking and pistol HFT and think I've seen discussion/sales elsewhere on the BBS about scope mounting on this model. However, can't find anything to positively confirm this.

Is a mount (11mm dovetail or Weaver) available? If yes; is it a Weirauch part; if not, then who does do one? A guide on price would be useful too.

Cheers

Biggles

ps if anyone's got a GOOD/SHOWROOM condition HW75 you were thinking of donating/chucking out, PLEASE PM ME !!

Rumplestiltskin Guest
    Most Red Dot sights come with built in mounts, although there are some that use normal 1" Scope mounts.
    The main problem you'll find with the HW75/45 is the fact that the rails are 12mm, not the standard 9-11mm that most mounts cater for, this means:
    1. Offset Scope/Red Dot
    2. Modifying mounts to fit centrally

or #3, split mounts

Mart.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumplestiltskin
    The main problem you'll find with the HW75/45 is the fact that the rails are 12mm, not the standard 9-11mm that most mounts cater for, this means:
    1. Offset Scope/Red Dot
    2. Modifying mounts to fit centrally
    As i have a HW45 and was thinking of putting a red dot sight on it, can anyone recommend one that fits without having to bodge or modify it please.

Thanks guys ...... very helpful.

Went and bought myself an HW75 today . Red dot on order. So, with any luck, I'll be transferring from the audience to the firing line at this weekend's MVAC pistol HFT.

Ta again.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

The Hawke Red Dot RD25 comes with split mounts which work fine on my HW45.
    If you want to fit something else, split mounts are available separately, but they are expensive.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by biggles
    Thanks guys ...... very helpful.

Went and bought myself an HW75 today . Red dot on order. So, with any luck, I'll be transferring from the audience to the firing line at this weekend's MVAC pistol HFT.

Ta again.

Biggles

Of course, turns out that the red dot - arrived at local dealer today - was the Hawke 30mm with the fixed 11mm mount underneath the tube and so sits 1mm to right of the barrel centre line.

1mm doesn't sound much, and prob wouldn't make huge difference at pistol ranges, but it's certainly enough to look VERY odd and put me off, so went back in the box and on the shelf.

RD30 AGSR (the version with vertically split mounts) now ordered, but means that my 1st try at Pistol HFT (MVAC this Sunday) will be 'pure' - open sights. Prob won't hit a thing (the sheep better watch out!).

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member