Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing a Premier Reticle 18-40 from Leupold scope

Removing a Premier Reticle 18-40 from Leupold scope

I assume it would be possible to remove the "Premier Reticle 18-40" from my Leupold 6.5-20 x 50 VARI X III but can anyone advise or recommend somewhere to change this back to the standard mag (6.5-20)? I assume the scope will contain nitrogen so don't really want to do myself as I have no away of refilling it.

Thanks in advance.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Funny you should mention this as I was only thinking yesterday that my Vari-x3 boosted to 14.5-35 would probably be better for me in it's original spec.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Nick Jenkinson is the man for this. I don't have his Contact details but google him or ask here.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Just send it back to Leupold, they will happily take all Premier Reticules mods off the scope and restore it to factory standard.

I think Scimitar paid about £80 including shipping.

Have Leupold got their 'new' European service agent / centre up and running yet? That would be an even easier route.

As Mac said but why devalue something far superior.

I had the last Dick Thomas converted June 2005, worth 40% more than standard spec.
    Nick did a couple of Mark 4 ret changes.

https://www.leupold.com/service-supp...roduct-service
    Goods news is looks like you dont have to get an export and import licence.

Isn't there an issue for Leupold exporting scopes over 9x mag?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Isn't there an issue for Leupold exporting scopes over 9x mag?
    What they can only sell 9x scopes in the uk rich?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    What they can only sell 9x scopes in the uk rich?
    Rob, apparently scopes over 9x mag cannot be exported from UK. Not sure what that legislation is and can only guess as to why.

From BAR website:

"Due to UK government restrictions, we can only EXPORT scopes up to a maximum 9x magnification"

In red here:

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...rling%20Scopes

Quote Originally Posted by kiteboardkid View Post
    I assume it would be possible to remove the "Premier Reticle 18-40" from my Leupold 6.5-20 x 50 VARI X III but can anyone advise or recommend somewhere to change this back to the standard mag (6.5-20)? I assume the scope will contain nitrogen so don't really want to do myself as I have no away of refilling it.

Thanks in advance.
    As for removing the PR work from a Leupold, unless there is a problem with it, I'd sell it on here and buy the regular version... the boosted Leupolds (depending on spec) are quiet sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Rob, apparently scopes over 9x mag cannot be exported from UK. Not sure what that legislation is and can only guess as to why.

From BAR website:

"Due to UK government restrictions, we can only EXPORT scopes up to a maximum 9x magnification"

In red here:

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...rling%20Scopes
    Export. That's not the same as returning something for repair or service. My March is 60x, if there's a fault then it goes back to Japan and then comes back. Same as if I want a service or modification.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    As for removing the PR work from a Leupold, unless there is a problem with it, I'd sell it on here and buy the regular version... the boosted Leupolds (depending on spec) are quiet sought after.
    They used to be in FT, but they're much rarer on the national circuit these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Export. That's not the same as returning something for repair or service. My March is 60x, if there's a fault then it goes back to Japan and then comes back. Same as if I want a service or modification.
    Had to do it 7 times Rob as you know and left it to the UK distributor. Each time an Export licence required, can take weeks. Other end of the scale Japan applies for Export licence to return the repair/rectification and UK applies for import.
    Been putting mine off for 3 years need to do it yet again.

I was only referring to what Leupold say on their web page:

We are required under U.S. law to obtain an export license to ship riflescopes overseas. This requirement includes new product sales and product returned for service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I was only referring to what Leupold say on their web page:

We are required under U.S. law to obtain an export license to ship riflescopes overseas. This requirement includes new product sales and product returned for service.
    Interesting rich. Did not know that. Can’t be that much of a problem for leupold though as leup comp 40x are sold by them here and serviced in the USA. I know a Burris that was returned last year as well.

As I understand it, it's the US law that requires Leupold to get an export licence, not UK law controlling the import. If Leupold can get a kind of generic export licence it rather dilutes the purpose of a licence in the first place.