Thread: Whats the value on a hw77 with tyrolean stock

Whats the value on a hw77 with tyrolean stock

What would you chaps say is the going rate for a hw77 with a tyrolean stock. Guy says they are very rare. I think his valuation is a tad high. I was thinking around the £500 mark. Am i close or are they worth more?

Depends on if it's a new custom stock or an 80s/90s one.
    Original ones are always going to be more sought after. If its a modern stock then you can buy them readily from CS stocks in sheffield for around £200.
    Then it comes down to the action. If it's a venom one and glided, then you can increase the value.
    Unless you've seen it first hand and verified what it is then throwing figures about is irrelevant.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Depends on if it's a new custom stock or an 80s/90s one.
    Original ones are always going to be more sought after. If its a modern stock then you can buy them readily from CS stocks in sheffield for around £200.
    Then it comes down to the action. If it's a venom one and glided, then you can increase the value.
    Unless you've seen it first hand and verified what it is then throwing figures about is irrelevant.
    Fozzy
    Its a mk1 action so id say its an 80's era rifle. It is standard and has not been tuned.

I'd say £350 tops TBH mate. They're not as rare as you might think. If the action is warn it may need reblacking, that's upwards of £100 and if the stock is marked then that may need sorting. That's if you wanted to do the work, but it's still only worth £350 IMO.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    I'd say £350 tops TBH mate. They're not as rare as you might think. If the action is warn it may need reblacking, that's upwards of £100 and if the stock is marked then that may need sorting. That's if you wanted to do the work, but it's still only worth £350 IMO.
    Fozzy
    Thanks fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Thanks fozzy
    You're welcome mate.
    Fozzy

Hw77t

The factory 77 T was done mid 80's and is a lovely stock. Yep I would say £350ish. A friend of mine brought one a few weeks back for £180 but that was a one off bargain. Mach 1.5

Declaring my interest, I own one. If I was looking to sell (I am not), I would be overjoyed with £500. The £350 above sounds much more realistic.

Decided to leave this alone and bought 2 bsa superstars in.177&.22cal and £200 cheaper overall than the 77.