Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unique HW97k

Lovely, Nick.

DO NOT SELL THIS!

And make sure you bring it to the next Bash!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

So now that you have achieved you aim of bringing life back to a tired rifle and made a dammed good job of it you must be looking to move on to another project. So to start looking for the new project you dnt really need the original project I’ll tell you what I’ll take the old project of your hands if you want.

Hay Nick
    I hope you feeling bit better than when I saw you on Saturday, )

Nice looking rifle 😊

Exclamation I hate you...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Last year I got a ropey HW97k cheap. I started mucking about immediately and ended up shortening the length by 65mm, the stroke by 8mm and fitted a new genuine spring with fitted guides. It shot really well but still looked rough. I sent it to Paul at Shooters Restorations for a full re-black including Comp tube and gold lettering. When it got back it was amazing, but it put the stock to shame. I tried a synthetic stock first, it was good, but not quite right.....

At this weekends Boinger Bash I found a truly unique stock, a CS800 in stone laminate. Now I say unique, the rumour is they made one, possibly two of these before the laminate destroyed the tooling and they said: "Never again!"

Today I put the action into the stock and fitted a Rowan extra set back trigger. I think it's job done now. It's short, heavy and gorgeous.
    Just like me!

[IMG]image hosting free[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]screenshot tool[/IMG]
    May your testicles be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Cool

Foxy I like and I'm a southpaw.

Likey likey Tinbum rifle.

That is very nice Nick !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    First dibs on the stock
    No no no... Me me me!!! Tinny he doesn't deserve it.. bringing that weird cider to the bash... Sell it to me!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I’ve already bagsied the whole setup.

Looks grand, Nick - well done mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

The lengths people go to make their rifles look like a Relum

I think I have envy syndrome Nice one, looks purposeful.

Looks like I missed the show... I can't see any pics!
    Donald

That's flamin' lovely.

My normal length one in a walnut version of the CS800 is a keeper, but that thing in laminate just ramps up half a dozen notches on the drool-o-meter.

CS should say Kn*ckers to the tooling: buy some new tooling bits and add the cost to the laminate version!

The 97kk (97xk?) concept isn't too shabby either...

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    That's flamin' lovely.

My normal length one in a walnut version of the CS800 is a keeper, but that thing in laminate just ramps up half a dozen notches on the drool-o-meter.

CS should say Kn*ckers to the tooling: buy some new tooling bits and add the cost to the laminate version!

The 97kk (97xk?) concept isn't too shabby either...
    CS could definitely sell an entire metric ***k ton if they started doing laminate. They wouldn't even need to change the patterns accept adding optional cheek riser. That would also put them right up there. A CS 800 forest laminate with adjustable cheek pad cool factor number 11!!!

Oh & it would have to be the 97UK for ultra carbine

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Looks like I missed the show... I can't see any pics!
    Hi Donald! You were sorely missed at the bash mate.
    Anyways, back on track. Your settings need adjustment, I had exactly the same problem until Mel fixed it for me. Unfortunately you will need someone far more intelligent than I to show you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hi Donald! You were sorely missed at the bash mate.
    Anyways, back on track. Your settings need adjustment, I had exactly the same problem until Mel fixed it for me. Unfortunately you will need someone far more intelligent than I to show you though.
    But give him a hammer & he can hit stuff!!