Thread: Ex HFT Shooter returning

Ex HFT Shooter returning

Hi Everybody,

After a lengthy break from Air Guns i am thinking of getting back into the hobby, used to love going to Iden Ferns for a comp of HFT.

Is Iden still there?

Anybody got any good suggestions on buying a second hand rifle, used to have a HT100 and would like simlular.

Cheers

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog293 View Post
    Hi Everybody,

After a lengthy break from Air Guns i am thinking of getting back into the hobby, used to love going to Iden Ferns for a comp of HFT.

Is Iden still there?

Anybody got any good suggestions on buying a second hand rifle, used to have a HT100 and would like simlular.

Cheers
    They certainly are. Assuming they have kept the info up to date you should be able to find them and contact details via this link. Just zoom in to the area north of Rye and click on the blue flag.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Regarding a rifle first advice would be don't buy anything till you have been to a club and had a go and seen what folk use. If really keen to buy an S400 in .177 is a very safe bet with a scope of no more than 10 X magnification and objective lens of no more than 44mm. Reticule with mildots.
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Regarding a rifle first advice would be don't buy anything till you have been to a club and had a go and seen what folk use. If really keen to buy an S400 in .177 is a very safe bet with a scope of no more than 10 X magnification and objective lens of no more than 44mm. Reticule with mildots.
    Thank you for taking time to advise, s400 always was a good gun.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    They certainly are. Assuming they have kept the info up to date you should be able to find them and contact details via this link. Just zoom in to the area north of Rye and click on the blue flag.

Biggles
    Apologies, but while there is information (location and a phone number) about the club on that link, it looks like the club web site has changed. I could not find an alternate - google search failed to turn one up.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

They have a facebook page if any help to you

Thank you, found the facebook page although not used much.

I think a visit will be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog293 View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Is Iden still there?

Cheers
    Here you :-

iden ferns airgun club
    iden wood fishery
    coldharbour land
    iden
    rye
    tn31 7ut

Their FB link is :- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1513286258697874/

Atb