Thread: Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite

Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite

Bought new last weekend in .177
    Superb finish
    Very well balanced
    Easy to cock
    The soft touch stock is very very comfortable.
    After 50 shots settled down to 11.4ftlbs using day state heavies 10.3grn.
    Exceptionally accurate . i fired out to 70 mtr and could gut a 25mm target. . i am no sniper guys. This gun has easy accurracy.
    I'm hoping to regulate it when huma market the reg it indeed if brocock sell it as a spare for their regulated rifles. Once i have i will update the review.
    If course if anybody has question feel free to inbox me and i will reply plus post here.
    Rgds

Was sorely tempted by one of these in FAC, but decided didnt need the big shot count so bought a compatto target in 177 ,really nice accurate guns good luck with it and let us know how you get on with it

2nd stage trigger adjustment....

Put simply, it just doesn't have any... HOWEVER, it is possible to fettle the trigger to adjust the second stage manually.
    I bought one of the hilites as I wanted a bull pup style rifle with low weight and not such a high scope position, relative to the barrel, for HFT shooting.
    Out of the box it felt really nice apart from a relatively heavy 2nd stage pull, on trying to adjust this it became clear very quickly that whatever adjustments I made had no impact on 2nd stage weight, this has since been confirmed by Brocock themselves.
    As the trigger is an integral part of the main mechanism it is also not possible to swap it out for an aftermarket unit so instead it has to be manually adjusted by altering the 2 springs which are on the trigger and sear, I did this by lengthening the springs by stretching them out and then cutting them down to slightly less than original length which serves to soften the springs and thereby reduce second stage pull weight.
    As a final touch I added a light smear of grease to the sear engagement area since it came out of the factory bone dry and this also helped to reduce 2nd stage weight.
    Now I have a bantam that shoots as.good as it should have direct from the manufacturer, it's a shame though that brocock did not think it important to put in an adjustable 2nd stage in the first place, their new version that comes out this year has been regulated but I'll bet the trigger has not been redesigned.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by androids0711 View Post
    Bought new last weekend in .177
    Superb finish
    Very well balanced
    Easy to cock
    The soft touch stock is very very comfortable.
    After 50 shots settled down to 11.4ftlbs using day state heavies 10.3grn.
    Exceptionally accurate . i fired out to 70 mtr and could gut a 25mm target. . i am no sniper guys. This gun has easy accurracy.
    I'm hoping to regulate it when huma market the reg it indeed if brocock sell it as a spare for their regulated rifles. Once i have i will update the review.
    If course if anybody has question feel free to inbox me and i will reply plus post here.
    Rgds
    http://www.altaros.cz/en/regulators/...am-#/|demoTab2

Regulator is available from the chaps in the link above if you don't want to wait for huma to create one.